***Looking for Expedite Brokers/Dispatches**

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Must have forgot the password since they haven't been back to answer any questions

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Must have forgot the password since they haven't been back to answer any questions
Well, if you look at his posting history, you'll see the question is a little, uhm, odd. Lawrence asked the salient question, as the only person who would be looking for additional brokers - because their business is growing - would be a manufacturer / shipper looking for increased capacity (either to aid in getting their freight delivered or in increasing competition to lower their shopping costs).

But if you are a carrier or driver or someone otherwise involved in providing that capacity, which he is, and your business is growing, the last thing you'd want is additional brokers to deal with which would put more downward pressure on your existing revenues. No, the only reason a provider of capacity would be looking for more brokers is because they don't have enough freight and they have too much capacity and they think they're going to grow their business by obtaining more freight from additional brokers.

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, if you look at his posting history, you'll see the question is a little, uhm, odd. .
Isn't "funny" that the named R. Thomas Buszydlo created his profile same day when the question was posted, and bang, he replied directly to this one, then silence... some sort of "I ask, I answer" ;)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Isn't "funny" that the named R. Thomas Buszydlo created his profile same day when the question was posted, and bang, he replied directly to this one, then silence... some sort of "I ask, I answer" ;)
Looks suspicious, maybe, but it's just coincidence. A lot of people read here and never register unless and until they want to post something. We have things in place now that detects and prevents people from registering a sock puppet, and lets us know when an existing one tries to post.

In this case one is posting on a static IP using a cable modem in NC, and the other is posting on a static IP using a router from the phone company (phone, TV, Internet) in Illinois.

But, even if he were doing that using a VPN, we'd still know. ;)

Reactions: Opel2010

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Unfortunately, it's "common sense" (and conventional wisdom) that tells them more brokers equals more freight.

The reality of that is very different.

Don't get me started on common sense. It's an oxymoron, neither common nor sense. It is common sense, after all, that tells us the Earth is flat.

Reactions: fifaref2

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
......It is common sense, after all, that tells us the Earth is flat.
ed0a513f393ec565ae6612a539c74458380ed222.jpg