Looking for a list of reputable cargo van expediting companies

xerxes

Active Expediter
For Mr. Turtle.

I see that you've chosen to reply back again into the thread I started. I see that you've elected to take out snippets of my last reply to you; and comment on them individually and out of context, in an attempt to win the argument.

As an educated person I recognize the debating tactic you're using, and it's most commonly used out of desperation when the person you're debating realizes that their position isn't as strong as they originally thought it was. You could've summed up your last reply by just stating the common everyday phrase..."I know you are (blank)...but what am I?"

My position on this back and forth between us is that I do not want, nor need, advice, suggestions, or feedback, from you....on topics...that I haven't asked for your help or assistance with! Please save your precious comments and suggestions for someone that WANTS it. Any wisdom, personal experience, trials, tribulations, interesting anecdotes that you have...please do not try to impart any of that valuable information to me.

Surely your time and efforts could be better spent corresponding with another individual that's more apt to hold you, your information, and your position as a moderator in higher esteem, than I'm willing to credit it.

You're confident that you've been able to determine that I'm highly unstable, violent, unable to deal properly with customers, lack the ability to work as an expediter, that I'm not hireable at all, and can't interact properly in public, among other things, simply from the few posts I've made while in this forum. You sir have accomplished something that no other psychologist in the world has...you have the ability to determine EVERYTHING you need to know about a person from just a few messages!

I certainly realize; and I hope you do to, that your time is better spent elsewhere being involved with other things. Perhaps you can enlighten the educational community about your ability to accurately deduce a psychological background on a person with very little time or information.

MY reluctance to wanting to entertain advice that I neither asked for nor feel I need...is my short coming and I'll just have to learn to live with that for the rest of my life! :( So again sir! Can you please....please....please refrain from trying to help me anymore. I'm sure that you are NO fool! I'm sure that you're wise, educated, and are capable of making intelligent decisions; the likes of which make mine look **** poor in comparison.

The one thing I'm SURE of is that only a FOOL would continue to write to, correspond with and offer advice to a person that has previously, and continually stated, that they don't want to hear from that other person. I'm certain you AREN'T that type of foolish person. Other people will surely value, honor, require, and appreciate the information you have to share...I simply do not.

Can I please be allowed to exercise my choice to NOT try and learn anything from you?! I believe I'd prefer to continue on with the rest of my life; as I'd previously done, without any interactions with you. I believe I can continue to persevere in life without your help or guidance...or at least I'd like to try.

xerxes

Active Expediter
I know Bolt hires felons because they hired me but mine was 9 or 10 years old at that point so I am not sure on the exact requirement. They might not hire you if things are slow but if things change their policy may as well. I would ignore older complaints about Bolt, including my own as it seems they are not as relevant.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

If your last post was intended for me Mr. Paullud, I'd like to thank your for the insightful post. With the information you've provided I can edge Bolt Express more toward the "good company" category, and the personal information you shared about your felony; and them hiring you, allows me to be hopeful that at least one day I may be able to hire on there as well.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
For Mr. Turtle.

I see that you've chosen to reply back again into the thread I started. I see that you've elected to take out snippets of my last reply to you; and comment on them individually and out of context, in an attempt to win the argument.
As an educated person, you should know that replying to individual comments is the only way to correctly reply to those comments in context in a manner in which the comments cannot be taken out of context.

As an educated person I recognize the debating tactic you're using, and it's most commonly used out of desperation when the person you're debating realizes that their position isn't as strong as they originally thought it was. You could've summed up your last reply by just stating the common everyday phrase..."I know you are (blank)...but what am I?"
Then as an educated person well versed in debate tactics, you should fully recognize the category of logical fallacy tactics into which your above paragraph falls, and know that it's not a strong or successful tactic.

My position on this back and forth between us is that I do not want, nor need, advice, suggestions, or feedback, from you....on topics...that I haven't asked for your help or assistance with! Please save your precious comments and suggestions for someone that WANTS it. Any wisdom, personal experience, trials, tribulations, interesting anecdotes that you have...please do not try to impart any of that valuable information to me.
Well, my position in this back and forth between us is that this is a public forum where anyone can post, and you are under no obligation to read or respond to anything I or anyone else writes. Further, you cannot control who posts what to whom on a public forum, and making such requests is asinine.

Surely your time and efforts could be better spent corresponding with another individual that's more apt to hold you, your information, and your position as a moderator in higher esteem, than I'm willing to credit it.
You flatter yourself. I am not corresponding here with you for your benefit, I'm posting here for the untold number of other readers who may have similar situations who can recognize sound advice and reality when they read it.

You're confident that you've been able to determine that I'm highly unstable, violent, unable to deal properly with customers, lack the ability to work as an expediter, that I'm not hireable at all, and can't interact properly in public, among other things, simply from the few posts I've made while in this forum. You sir have accomplished something that no other psychologist in the world has...you have the ability to determine EVERYTHING you need to know about a person from just a few messages!
That's a completely mischaracterized interpretation of my comments, a characterization that an educated man such as yourself would not likely make. I made no such statements of fact, I only stated propensities and possibilities in pointing out the risks that carriers consider when leasing on contractors.

I certainly realize; and I hope you do to, that your time is better spent elsewhere being involved with other things. Perhaps you can enlighten the educational community about your ability to accurately deduce a psychological background on a person with very little time or information.
You know, I would, I really would, except that I have no such ability and I have made no such claims.

MY reluctance to wanting to entertain advice that I neither asked for nor feel I need...is my short coming and I'll just have to learn to live with that for the rest of my life! :( So again sir! Can you please....please....please refrain from trying to help me anymore.
No.

I'm sure that you are NO fool! I'm sure that you're wise, educated, and are capable of making intelligent decisions; the likes of which make mine look **** poor in comparison.
Of that I have no doubt.

The one thing I'm SURE of is that only a FOOL would continue to write to, correspond with and offer advice to a person that has previously, and continually stated, that they don't want to hear from that other person. I'm certain you AREN'T that type of foolish person. Other people will surely value, honor, require, and appreciate the information you have to share...I simply do not.
Only a FOOL would call a Moderator a fool and tell the Moderator to shut up and go away and leave them alone. It was YOU who did that. Now you get to own it.

Can I please be allowed to exercise my choice to NOT try and learn anything from you?!
Of course you can.

I believe I'd prefer to continue on with the rest of my life; as I'd previously done, without any interactions with you.
Then choosing to live part of your life in a public forum in which I am a Moderator is probably not the best way to accomplish that goal.

I believe I can continue to persevere in life without your help or guidance...or at least I'd like to try.
I believe the same thing. Please do give it your best shot.

Last edited:

xerxes

Active Expediter
Turtle. or Mr. Fool as I will from now on refer to you. Your arrogance has once again shone through in your last reply. And I believe that it all can be credited, and summed up, by your attitude as exemplified in your direct response to a request I made of you in my last posting. Let's all reread it together.

Xerxes request: My reluctance to wanting to entertain advice that I neither asked for nor feel I need...is my short coming and I'll have to just learn to live with that for the rest of my life! :( So again sir! Can you please...please...please refrain from trying to help me anymore.

Turtles response: No

You just want to argue for arguments sake. All I've asked is that you STOP interacting with ME! It is indeed a public forum but certainly there's no reason to think that all the persons in it HAVE to correspond and have an exchange with each other.

What makes you feel so compelled to keep telling me things I'm not even attempting to listen to?! I don't personally think any of our back and forth is particularly insightful or educational for anyone else, and only it really only provides a slight entertainment value in the form of petty gossip and bickering.

You've even started to send me personal private messages!! WHY?! I don't like you! You don't like me! Let's avoid each other....for life! I'm willing to do my part to make this happen. What about you? How about I leave this particular thread altogether, and open a fresh one. If I did that would you be so kind as to not come into it? Or at the very least not post anything in the new thread that was intended for me? Or are you just a petty persistent *** that I'll never be able to get away from?!

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
More popcorn please!

homer-eating-popcorn-small-c78.jpg

paullud

Veteran Expediter
If your last post was intended for me Mr. Paullud, I'd like to thank your for the insightful post. With the information you've provided I can edge Bolt Express more toward the "good company" category, and the personal information you shared about your felony; and them hiring you, allows me to be hopeful that at least one day I may be able to hire on there as well.

My responses are not only for you but anyone that reads them that might be in the same situation or doing a search on Bolt, that is the reason you may get responses with more information than you asked about. It helps other people that might be less knowledgeable about the transportation industry and how their criminal record could hurt employment opportunities. My felony doesn't involve drugs or violence but it still gave me problems getting a job and over 12 years later it still does. People with a violent or non-violent criminal record may need to know the details although you may not.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Turtle. or Mr. Fool as I will from now on refer to you.
I'm pretty sure that you'll find that tactic a counterproductive one.

Your arrogance has once again shone through in your last reply. And I believe that it all can be credited, and summed up, by your attitude as exemplified in your direct response to a request I made of you in my last posting. Let's all reread it together.

Xerxes request: My reluctance to wanting to entertain advice that I neither asked for nor feel I need...is my short coming and I'll have to just learn to live with that for the rest of my life! :( So again sir! Can you please...please...please refrain from trying to help me anymore.

Turtles response: No

You just want to argue for arguments sake. All I've asked is that you STOP interacting with ME! It is indeed a public forum but certainly there's no reason to think that all the persons in it HAVE to correspond and have an exchange with each other.
Correct. You asked me to stop interacting with you, and I declined.

What makes you feel so compelled to keep telling me things I'm not even attempting to listen to?!
It's entertaining.

I don't personally think any of our back and forth is particularly insightful or educational for anyone else, and only it really only provides a slight entertainment value in the form of petty gossip and bickering.
You don't think it's particularly insightful or educational because, despite your advanced education, you have a significant reading comprehension problem. There is a lot of valuable information contained in my posts, if only you could understand it.

You've even started to send me personal private messages!! WHY?!
Because the forum server software automatically sends you a PM detailing the Code of Conduct Violation when you receive a Warning Infraction, that's why. Look for another one just like it real soon.

I don't like you! You don't like me! Let's avoid each other....for life! I'm willing to do my part to make this happen. What about you?
I never said I don't like you. I don't know you well enough to like or dislike you either way. For all I know you're a fine upstanding likable guy who simply has fingers with anger management issues.

How about I leave this particular thread altogether, and open a fresh one. If I did that would you be so kind as to not come into it? Or at the very least not post anything in the new thread that was intended for me? Or are you just a petty persistent *** that I'll never be able to get away from?!
As a Moderator on this forum, it's my job to be a petty persistent *** that you'll never be able to get away from. It's one of the perks.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Just amazing that someone new comes on and ask for advice, only to get into arguments with the people providing it. Really? Just amazing.
Maybe the below should be taken prior to responding.

Prozac_Main.sflb.ashx

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just amazing that someone new comes on and ask for advice, only to get into arguments with the people providing it. Really? Just amazing.
Maybe the below should be taken prior to responding.

Prozac_Main.sflb.ashx

I can think of a few 5 + year posters that could benefit from that also...........:D

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums mobile app

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I can't be absolutely certain, of course. I am reasonably sure, though. When you call a man who can wield the mighty "Ban Hammer" a fool you do yourself no good. Especially when the man you're calling a fool not only has that hammer in his tool kit, he also has a well-deserved reputation in the community for NOT being a fool, and is the go-to guy for a lot of information that would make your expedited experience quite a bit easier and maybe even possible. Just sayin'.

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
2nd time this month...

Wait a minute....I was not new. :D

Just my .02, but this poster needs to understand a couple of things IMV.....

Shippers, consigns, and even dispatch will occasionally challenge your utmost patience. It matters little how educated or smart one is....you better be ready to give ground in this business. Matter of fact, I've found it's sometimes better to act pretty dumb, when it comes to the above.

I would not walk into any situation with the OP's attitude on any kind of display. The obvious intelligence, education, and writing skills will get you less, than acting as if you don't posses them at all. It's not because the aforementioned are dumb, it's because they know you want the load/money, and they currently possess this, until it's on your truck. You then need to assess the situation and display the proper attitude for getting it on your truck. Your intelligence comes into prominence during this assessment......not before. Companies need to see, or feel, you can handle this atmosphere and environment.

And while Turtle is a worthy opponent at times.....I would never consider any person on this forum a fool. They are here to help and assist, as the expedite questions come in. Anger management drives me nuts in concept, as I don't want another person telling me what needs correcting......that needs to come from me, through self evaluation. :)

Last edited:

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I'd give T&K Trucking a call and ask for Pete! I think you'd do we'll with them. He'll keep you loaded and rolling!

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
heck you own the van why depend on any of these .90 mile carriers just go get your own authority you don't need no background checks to do that. get your own numbers and run for $2 per mile.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
heck you own the van why depend on any of these .90 mile carriers just go get your own authority you don't need no background checks to do that. get your own numbers and run for $2 per mile.

Are unicorns hard to strap down?

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.