Load Board Vehicle Type

ROBERTO PEREZ

New Recruit
Driver
Can somebody specity what are the classifications for the different vehicle types in tbe Load Board?

Every vehicle is assigned a specific letter, but I dont know wich letter correspond to a specific vehicle

For example:

Tractor Trailer = D?

Straight Truck= E?

Van...................F?

Please clarify, thanks

RP

redskunk

Expert Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Army
The letters represent the size and weight limits of various trucks.

B unit = A cargo van with at least an 8.5 foot cargo bed and capable of hauling at least 2500 pounds.

C unit = A straight truck with a legal sleeper, a cargo box at least 14 feet long, and capable of hauling at least 5000 pounds.

D unit = A straight truck with a legal sleeper, a cargo box at least 22 feet long, and capable of hauling at least 13,000 pounds.

E unit = A tandem axle tractor with a legal sleeper, and capable of hauling a trailer with at least 44,000 pounds of cargo.

There are additional requirements for each size truck regarding door size openings, floor height, support legs, ect...

Other carriers my have different size limitations, but I think they are very close to FedEx's.

Hope this helps.

ROBERTO PEREZ

New Recruit
Driver
Thank you for the reply.
I appreciate it

Its worth to mention that, a few days ago, FedEx CC called me by phone and they took time to explan me all this.... I guess I should call them in the first place.

I appreciate both responses :)

Have safe weekend

Reactions: scottm4211

Pro3500

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
There's also an "A" unit. They show up on the load board but I don't think they recruit them anymore. (Could be wrong) I think they had a limit of 500lbs? I believe they used to be pickups and small vans.