LandShark is out of business.....

lugnut1

Seasoned Expediter
It is official, LandShark is out of business. “And another on bites the dust”! Odd though, they still advertise on this site, time to pull a bad product from the shelf?

lugnut1

Seasoned Expediter
I smell BS here. I just looked up Landshark on the safer web and they still have active carrier and broker. Who told you they were out of business?

No BS, just give them a call. They will tell you themselves and wrap any business you have with them.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
They cancelled their recruiting program here. Our Ad Team is removing them today. We wish them and their fleet the best.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
aw, those cost accountiing sheets dont lie , neither do the cash flow statements. For all those that don't keep a ledger of ur daily expenses and income, u are playing with fire boys, playing with fire. The old fashion legal pad, get one , write it down, write it down, write it down, ok. Im done.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
They cancelled their recruiting program here. Our Ad Team is removing them today. We wish them and their fleet the best.

Have you ever thought about having affordable banners for small fleet owners with less than 30 trucks? Other recruiting sites are offering this to the small fleet owners. I was told that it cost over $2000.00 a month to put a banner on EO, maybe that is not the case.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
It is most likely so. It doesn't suprise us at all. All we have to say is, it is truley a shame. What we mean by that is, it is a shame to take something that could have been so good and run it in the ground. As far as the way they operated, well, what comes around, goes around. Best of luck to what few leased o/o they had. The contractors can move on and i hope everyone gets paid.

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Have you ever thought about having affordable banners for small fleet owners with less than 30 trucks? Other recruiting sites are offering this to the small fleet owners. I was told that it cost over $2000.00 a month to put a banner on EO, maybe that is not the case.

Have you ever thought about having cheap affordable rates for small shippers, let's say with less than 30 employee's. You can.t advertise in the New York Times for the same price as the Mayberry Journal.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Hey Dave try giving free dipsticks away at orientation instead of pens... Poke, poke....lol

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Did we ever hear a resolution to the blown motor ? Did Bruno drive down to New Mexico with a big ole can of Whoopass ?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Stop the Presses ! EO announces new lower banner prices for fleets of 13 trucks and smaller !

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Hey Dave try giving free dipsticks away at orientation instead of pens... Poke, poke....lol

Ken you may be right on that one. Never in all my years have I ever seen that happen. Once the shop started pointing the finger at the team that WAS in that truck they quit and left the truck in New Mexico so I told the new shop they didn't have to rush to get the motor put in the truck . The truck is still in New Mexico now as another motor is being put in the truck. Total cost so far for this around $18,000.00 which may have been prevented if the drivers had called our office before leaving the repair shop after a new turbo was put on this truck. I know we will never buy another Kenworth because of the lies we have been told by this Kenworth dealer. The dealer said that Cummins came over to check the engine over to see what caused the failure on the motor, I called Cummins yesterday because the brand new turbo that was put on this truck is junk and they said they never went over to KW to see what caused the failure on the old engine. I asked the KW dealer about replacing that turbo since it only had four miles on it after truck broke down again for the second time. The General Manager told me " you have to buy a new one because they have to see if the one you just bought will be warranty". The General Manger said that could take up to two months.

I called Cummins and the parts department tells me a different story. They told me to bring the part over and they will swap it out. I think we will be staying with Freightliner trucks as KW corp has done nothing for us either. I will know more when we get the motor back to our shop and tear it down to see what the cause of the failure was. The great thing is we just started changing our fleet over to KW trucks and we only have four KW trucks. I like Freightliners myself but Tricia likes KW because we have been told they have more repair shops for a faster turn around time on repairs.

KW may be a great truck as my father loved them, but for me a Freightliner is my truck of choice with a Cat engine.

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Dave, I wouldn't give up on KW trucks. That KW dealer yes. KW trucks no. Dad is/was probably pretty smart. Trica smart enough to Marry you. If this had been a Frtlnr dlr and or a Cat engine the story would have been the same. I had a 3176 in Cat 104 days in Cat the first 12 months ! Then they screwed me.
There's no perfect truck.
Back in the 70's and 80's we bought some that seemed darned near perfect. It's not gonna happen again in our lifetime.
35 trucks was great back then. Enjoying my one truck operation. Only one idiot driver. ME !

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Hey, John, has their broker bond already been eaten up by other outstanding claims? I'm sure glad we got that comcheck from them 2 months ago!

PreacherRich

Seasoned Expediter
I do have to say, Landshark got me my very first load as an expediter. I have ran many loads for them and always gotten paid. I pray for Gods best for the whole crew

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Dave, I wouldn't give up on KW trucks. That KW dealer yes. KW trucks no. Dad is/was probably pretty smart. Trica smart enough to Marry you. If this had been a Frtlnr dlr and or a Cat engine the story would have been the same. I had a 3176 in Cat 104 days in Cat the first 12 months ! Then they screwed me.
There's no perfect truck.
Back in the 70's and 80's we bought some that seemed darned near perfect. It's not gonna happen again in our lifetime.
35 trucks was great back then. Enjoying my one truck operation. Only one idiot driver. ME !

I have never been messed over by Freightliner or Cat to be honest. Cat has always done us right and even replaced a motor in one of our trucks because a new injector cracked the block on a 3126 Cat. The truck I drove for many years had over 1.2 million miles on that engine when my wife ask me to sell it. I think the next truck we retire we will donate it to EO for another Trick my Expediter for the Expo.