KW cabover

Refer Hauler

Expert Expediter
Too many factors affect this from engine size make, configuration TT or ST, terrain, mechanical or computer controlled engine? weather, driving habits. But given all of the above I would think 5.7 to 6 would be a good starting point. I have thought about buying an old cab over ( for unknown reasons ) but no storage at home.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
here a go. kw and pete cabovers. onl the kw has a long chasssis. finders fee for location.

021.jpg

BigBusBob

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Where are those trucks at? a finders fee for their location? why so secretive?
they're fairly easy to obtain. Those are former straight trucks I take it? I say that due to their long frames... most likely former produce and/or moving co. trucks?

I would be putting a c/o to use as a straight truck most likely.
Perhaps an arrangement with a flatbed with a curtainside arrangement.
Or I may just use it as a semi with a pup trailer for moving my freight.

"Small" moves are a niche market that isn't touched in many places - because most people opt for U-Haul or a moving co. that usually isn't local LOCAL. The cabovers would provide the great turning radius that I need, but don't currently have.

Refer Hauler

Expert Expediter
In Florida @ exit 328 ? on I 75 behind the Pespi distributor there is/was a cab over Pete with what looked like a 28 or 30 ft box on it. I stopped a couple of times to inquire but could not find out much in the short time I had to stop. Might not be a bad idea to "bedbug" with a long ST.