KLM Express out of Gainesville, GA

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Looking for information on them...
I would say the same to you.....as I did Grasshopper...

How long they been around?....
Any customers of their own?......
what load boards they registered with?....
how about partner carriers and alliances?....
Any ranking on NLM?
Dispatchers experienced?....a "connected" dispatcher is a valuable asset...

what do they do different then the one your with now?

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would say the same to you.....as I did Grasshopper...

How long they been around?....
Any customers of their own?......
what load boards they registered with?....
how about partner carriers and alliances?....
Any ranking on NLM?
Dispatchers experienced?....a "connected" dispatcher is a valuable asset...

what do they do different then the one your with now?
If he knew those answers why sold he ask about them.

Jim Tropf II

Active Expediter
Carrier Management
Here we go...

Owner was a Tenpoint Owner Operator up until about a year ago. As a friend, I helped the owner get "set up" for a local Atlanta delivery company (his words) and allowed Sylectus to bypass their 6 month rule for him.

4 or 5 of there dispatchers were at Tenpoint as well, up until this January when they all quit on the same day. Previous to that they were with Eclipse. They might keep you busy with Sylectus freight.

Honesty and Integrity, well you can be the judge of that... obviously there is more to the story, but not for a public forum.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Here we go...

Owner was a Tenpoint Owner Operator up until about a year ago. As a friend, I helped the owner get "set up" for a local Atlanta delivery company (his words) and allowed Sylectus to bypass their 6 month rule for him.

4 or 5 of there dispatchers were at Tenpoint as well, up until this January when they all quit on the same day. Previous to that they were with Eclipse. They might keep you busy with Sylectus freight.

Honesty and Integrity, well you can be the judge of that... obviously there is more to the story, but not for a public forum.
considering the irresponsibility of all quitting on the same day.....that would be a black spot....unless of course there were issues at the carrier they deciding to screw over...

Jim Tropf II

Active Expediter
Carrier Management
Haha, man you are quick!

Well there are two sides to every story. I may have ruffled some feathers when I decided that dispatchers needed to be employees and not contractors (still able to work from home though at that point). And honestly, it wasn't the dispatchers that surprised me... it was the owner that I considered a personal friend.

Water under the bridge at this point, and we are stronger for it. I honestly wish them all the best and hope they can sleep well, as they were a part of Tenpoint getting to where we are now. But if people ask about them I struggle to bite my tongue.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Here we go...

There is no loyalty in this business. Every time you train a new dispatcher, you're potentially training your new competition. If you make your dispatchers sign a no compete clause you can stop them from getting on Sylectus and jumping ship like that. We work in a very cut throat business. That has got be rough though man to lose 5 dispatchers on the same day. The problem is the dispatchers see all of the money that can be made and greed sets in. Then they all wanna be like "Mike" and start their own company. They already have all of your driver and customer info, they just transfer it over to the new company. Brokers don't care what the back story is with a new carrier as long as they are getting their freight moved for bargain basement prices.

Reactions: Jim Tropf II

Jim Tropf II

Active Expediter
Carrier Management
Yep.

We now have all of that in place. When I first hired them I really needed the help and jumped into it too quickly, lesson learned.

Luckily we did receive a lot of support from many TEANA members and other customers that I had built strong relationships with. But for the most part, cheapest bid wins. We would be hurting if we didn't have our direct customers.

wayneygogo

Seasoned Expediter
So Jim are you saying you were the owner of Tenpoint and they were working for you and all the dispatchers left at one time

Jim Tropf II

Active Expediter
Carrier Management
Yes, that is what happened. Again, two sides to every story. I am sure that as long as they don't get ahead of themselves that the drivers will get paid what they are owed. That is, until the IRS decides that the dispatchers should have been employees all along.

The irony of the whole thing is really funny. When the owner or KLM was a contractor of ours and I told him that I was hiring those dispatchers from Eclipse, he told me to be careful because "if they do it once, they are likely to do it again". I guess I should have listened to him.

And here is a funny video that I saw this morning

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jim Tropf II

Active Expediter
Carrier Management
Dissolve?

Absolutely not, never even close. I am 100% owner and although I am not going to post our financials I will say that we are and always have been comfortable. Heck we are only factoring about half of our invoices which is much less than 99% of the small carriers out there.

We aren't going anywhere any time soon, I am having way to much fun. Maybe they thought I would just give up when they all left and assumed that I would dissolve the company.

We are swinging for the fences baby, and the bat just keeps getting bigger.

Jim Tropf II

Active Expediter
Carrier Management
Sorry guys, I think I got this thread off topic.

I will take a step back now so anybody currently working with them can share their thoughts from a owner ops perspective, which is probably much more important.

Our current office staff brought in a bunch of good food today for my b-day so I got some eatin' to do:assassin:.

Best regards and drive safely :happy: