Kenworth air ride seat

asap4u

Expert Expediter
Does anyone know where to find a used Kenworth air ride seat? Or, is it a simple task to convert the fixed passenger seat to air ride with the sppropriate parts?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Any truck salvage place. Maybe E-Bay.
There is a guy in LA that sells/repairs truck seats for about 45 years. That's all he does.
Reasonable prices.

Deville

Not a Member
Is the frame of your driver side seat broken? If not couldn't u just remove the seat from the frame & swap?

If it was me I would take the opportunity to upgrade the driver side seat in to something awesome. Of course it all depends how long you are going to keep the truck, but I would think it would only add to the value.

asap4u

Expert Expediter
If bose air ride is the gold standard, what is a more economical silver standard? The current OEM driver seat is fine with 275k miles. Just need to get setup for team.

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
I have the factory air ride seat in my kenworth. It rides pretty good. If you can't get the $6000 Bose I'd just get a $1000 or less seat. Most kw's and Iowa 80 group truck stops have them. Just be sure to get an over the highway seat with decent travel on the air ride. My last truck the owner put in a vocational seat and it was uncomfortable and had very little travel and was jarring on hard bumps.