JUNG EXPRESS LOAD ISSUE

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Missouri Newbie: if you can overlook the Col's lack of eloquence, diplomacy, and political correctness, his comments are generally right-on.
The BOL, being your only Proof of Delivery, is the only way you will get paid for your work - lose it, and you don't get paid until it gets straightened out. That the load was brokered, involving an extra layer of paper pushing, just makes it take that much longer.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
I'd suggest there missourinewbe, if you start a Circus, don't loose the clowns. Thems wat pays da bills.:+ :+ :p

greg334

Veteran Expediter
>Well the $64000 question here is how many loads does Panther
>broker to other companys while I sit in a truck stop for
>days on end waiting or get load offers noboby
>wants??????????

a lot!

buckeyewildman

Seasoned Expediter
i have picked up panther load and there was a panther van sitting right next to me in the parking lot when i got in one of those cases the driver had been sitting there for acording to him 3 days and was begging for a load but somehow i managed to get a load brokered by panther about 15-20 miles to p-up but i believe it happens with all companys

Vinnie T

Seasoned Expediter
Something is messed up with the whole situation.

So you were leased to Jung when this happened I assume. How long did you have the paperwork for? Did you sit on it for weeks? Did you quit Jung before turning in the paperwork?

FYI to all O/Ops out there..make copies and backups of everything you turn in just incase people lose it! Especially BOLS.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Using Panther as an example...why would they broker a load to another company if they had a driver available? This doesn't make any sense to me. I would think that it would eat into the profit of the load because of another "layer". Could someone please explain this to me? What am I missing here?

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I think we are all missing something here. The original post makes no sense to me. The shipper not a carrier generates a BOL. if you lose the BOL you shoud be able to have the shipper fax you a copy to submit with your ppwk. Now if Panther brokered the load to Jung and a Jung O/O took the load the pro should read from X to Y carried by Jung. The ppwk should have been sent to Jung who in turn paid the O/O and then billed Panther.

Am I missing something?????

fortwayne

Not a Member
he went to point one to point two he got his paper work signed at point two something happened and paper work got lost he then made paper work up and then the world blew up!

Fort Wayne
Now That Is Stupid!

MissouriNewbie

Seasoned Expediter
You have it absoltely right I Hauled the load for jung as the o/o I lost the paperwork yes it took me a bout a week to get some one to give me the BOL Panther give me the BOL no problem I sent it to JUNG for payment. Owner of JUNG stated that the BOL panther sent me is One that they generated in their OFFICE (JUNG) by using my Jung ticket that I supplied to them with the LOAD info. They (JUNG) used the "fake" BOL to try to obtain payment from panther.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Got it now.

You delivered brokered load for Jung. You then lost BOL. Jung, in order to get paid.. confirmed freight was delivered (by checking with consignee, made up a 'replacement' (not fake.. it's allowed)..BOL and sent to Panther.. who paid, probably after confirming with shipper and consignee that freight was indeed delivered.

Jung is paid, Panther is paid.. however, you are not paid.. because you have no BOL with your signature on it. When you ask for a copy of said BOL, they send you a copy of the 'replacement' BOL showing freight was delivered and paid for.

However, said replacement BOL does you no good, because it does not have YOUR signature, showing YOU were the one who delivered it.

You have proof the load was delivered, but not proof YOU delivered it.

Now I get it.. wow... sticky situation.

Dreamer
Forums Administrator
Expeditersonline.com
Truckme.com

"Ability can take you to the top, but it takes Character to keep you there."

- Zig Ziglar

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
What about the consignee? When they signed for your shipment, they would surely have gotten a copy from you. Have you been able to work with them to get a copy?

Drive Safe!

Jeff

Driver for 15 years
O/O for 13 years
OOIDA #829119

[em]"Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed." --Mark Twain[/em]

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I guess here is my take on it - not legal advice!

Regardless who has/doesn't have the original BOL, the fact that Jung got paid based on their bill to Panther for the work you did.

They really don't need a BOL if I remember right, the obligaiton they had to handle the load is not where the BOL needs to be created to create a bill to panther for services rendered. Business to Business transaction.

So I would say this, regardless what you have done - lose the BOL or destroy it or whatever, Jung has an obligation to pay you because you fulfilled your obligation to Jung under your contract and they got paid for the work you already did.

If this is a substantial amount of money, I would consider getting a lawyer or take them to small claims court. Otherwise I would take it as a loss on your taxes.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I know that here is a difference betweens the Queen's English and Americanized English but the word 'OR' still has the same meaning. ;-)

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
You guys don't even have a clue IF anyone has been paid yet, and you are suggesting, Court. How foolish is this, already. You don't even know if this fella is behind with JUNG for things, or, what. Woe is the Contractor! I'm sure JUNG don't need HIS funds, so, let him take his newbee lumps, and false accusations with a grain of salt. I'm sure there is WAY MORE to it. Not just the "big bad carrier". Where thay be smoke, thay be fire!! Sounds to me, he still has the BOL, and won't give it up till he gets paid. Anyone ever heered of a Mexican Standoff??

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
>If this is a substantial amount of money, I would
>consider getting a lawyer or take them to small
>claims court.

>
>
>I know that here is a difference betweens the Queen's
>English and Americanized English but the word 'OR' still has
>the same meaning. ;-)

ok smartypants imissed the OR!!!:)

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter
KW Express
o/o till i die

Sounds to me like he turned in the bol that jung submitted to panther for payment.

what you really need to do is call the consignee and get a copy of the bol you deliverd on.

submit it for payment from jung wait till the next pay period and see if they cut you a check.

and yes panther brokers out freight not once in awhile but every day they send out emails to all the broker carriers and you just tell them what you want to haul it and time you can pick it up. lots and lots of freight available from panther.

if you dont get paid from jung then find out who paid panther contact them and ask them if they are aware the load was double brokered.

its really a sweet deal panther gets freight at there rate and farms its work out to the lowest bidder thus money in there pocket without any liability once its on the other carrirs truck they dont have to worry about claims they just pass the buck.

panther is not the only company doing this tri-state,fed-ex,bolt,express 1 do it daily.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
>KW Express
>o/o till i die
>
>Sounds to me like he turned in the bol that jung submitted
>to panther for payment.
>
>what you really need to do is call the consignee and get a
>copy of the bol you deliverd on.
>
>submit it for payment from jung wait till the next pay
>period and see if they cut you a check.
>
>and yes panther brokers out freight not once in awhile but
>every day they send out emails to all the broker carriers
>and you just tell them what you want to haul it and time you
>can pick it up. lots and lots of freight available from
>panther.
>
>if you dont get paid from jung then find out who paid
>panther contact them and ask them if they are aware the
>load was double brokered.
>
>its really a sweet deal panther gets freight at there rate
>and farms its work out to the lowest bidder thus money in
>there pocket without any liability once its on the other
>carrirs truck they dont have to worry about claims they just
>pass the buck.
>
>panther is not the only company doing this
>tri-state,fed-ex,bolt,express 1 do it daily.

The dif is the OTHER companys pay within 30 days Panther does not! They bill the consignee when POD is done get paid and then hold the money back from the 3rd party and collect the interest!

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
If somebody screwed me like this id be in his office with a ball-bat. BOLs don't mean d***, carriers routinly screw drivers this way because there is no oversight. Since it seems you have more time than money call your state labor board, call the Sec of State where Carrier is located and start rattling the government chain, also try state licensing authority.

a lawyer is a waste of money try getting the gov involved.

Next time don't work for a micky mouse outfit.

MissouriNewbie

Seasoned Expediter
COL you are a jerk let me be the one to tell you that I have NO OUTSTANDING DEBTS WITH JUNG AS A MATTER OF FACT I WAS A GOOD DRIVER FOR THEM AND THEY ARE VERY NICE FOLKS BUT WITH THIS MATTER IT IS STUPID YEAH I LOST THE BOL BIG DEAL I GOT THE BOL WITH THE POD THEREFORE HE NEEDS TO PAY HIS DEBT TO THE CONTRACTOR. I CANT HAVE ANY OUTSTANDING DEBTS WITH JUNG IN THE FIRST PLACE IT WAS MY FUEL CARD AND EVERY THING ELSE IM A VERY HONEST PERSON I DONT JUST COME ON HERE TRYING TO STIR THE POT YOU MY FRIEND ARE STIRRING MORE THAN YOU KNOW AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED YOU ARE MEANINGLESS TO ME AND FOR THE REST OF YOU I APPRECIATE THE HELP I AM DONE WITH this FORUM HAVE A NICE DAY!:p