July in the land of Load One

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I think we all kind of missed flipping the calendar this month, lol.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The book is closed on June, which turned out to be a stellar month for myself :happydance:

Now on to the Dog Days of July :rolleyes:

cartoon-of-man-with-empty-pockets.jpg

Reactions: DollarSign

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well the shut down automotive schedule is looking better then it has in the last few years. Glad to hear June rocked! We definitely saw things get stronger.

Thinking we may see a strong second half the year!

Last edited:

GuyUpNorth

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is Memphis really that bad? Only been doing this type of work for a little while and the only place I have felt truly uncomfortable spending the night at is a Pilot in Charlotte, NC. I had people banging on my door asking for money up until about 3am. One women, if you could call her that, wanted to get in my van pretty desperately. I ended up giving her $20 and a plate of food through the window as long as she left me alone. She skipped off as happy as a clam after I did that. My next trip to Charlotte I stayed at a Walmart in the suburbs about 10 miles from the city.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is Memphis really that bad? Only been doing this type of work for a little while and the only place I have felt truly uncomfortable spending the night at is a Pilot in Charlotte, NC. I had people banging on my door asking for money up until about 3am. One women, if you could call her that, wanted to get in my van pretty desperately. I ended up giving her $20 and a plate of food through the window as long as she left me alone. She skipped off as happy as a clam after I did that. My next trip to Charlotte I stayed at a Walmart in the suburbs about 10 miles from the city.

Shootings every night. Then the rednecks fire guns off.

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
All the major cities have those truck stops. I usually stay a some of the worst ones because there the most entertaining. I'm sure some day it will bite me in the ass but for ten yrs I haven't had a problem. I'm ugly enough that ppl leave me alone. Maybe they feel bad for me idk.

Reactions: SWTexas1

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Next time your in the Charlotte area go to Rock Hill at the J. It's ext 73.

GuyUpNorth

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
That would definately keep life on the road interesting. Good practice for how to stay under the radar in case of a zombie appocalypse.

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
Dude, yes, you were in the core of it all. Drive by shootings are a common occurrence there. Nextvtime, either go 77 north to exit 16 to the quick trip and park, or 77 south to Rock Hill, S.C., to the Flying J. Both so much safer, cleaner, etc....

guido4475

Not a Member
All the major cities have those truck stops. I usually stay a some of the worst ones because there the most entertaining. I'm sure some day it will bite me in the ass but for ten yrs I haven't had a problem. I'm ugly enough that ppl leave me alone. Maybe they feel bad for me idk.
Don't let Windsor fool you. He prefers those major city truck stops over the ones in the country so he can "blend in" more with the other alternative lifestyle people...lol....but, please, Tom, shave those legs...that hair doesn't go too well with that hot pink micro skirt and tube top...lol...

Reactions: scottm4211

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Part 1 of my van make over started good then took a twist.

Simple goal today. Remove rust streaks, little sanding and wash van.

I bought a nice extending brush washer that hooks to the water hose. Worked really well, van was a different shade of white by this time. Decided to give my rims a good scrubbing. Apparently, I squeezed too hard and broke the control handle giving me a nice shower. Then I could not get the hose to unscrew from the brush. By this point I'm pretty frustrated and thought, fine it's already broke I'll just smash this plastic connector to release the hose. Couple of hits with a hammer and it was off. Unfortunately, what broke was the end connecter on my good hose. You got to be kidding me.

Ok, now I'm just pissed. I looked at the end of the hose. It had some kind of attachment on the end. So I'm thinking, remove it and see it I can get a replacement end to save my hose. I start taking out the two screws that were really rusty, the screw driver slips cutting my thumb, just freaking great.

Finally done and going through todays mail to find my Summer Tax bill which is due in 30 days. And of course yesterday I just paid off a lot of debt which already went through so now short for the tax bill :rolleyes:

I think it's pretty close to Miller Time. Can't wait for Part 2 of van make over :dash2: