January in Load 1 Nation

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
We put in a perfectly good bid at 85 cents to the truck for Minneapolis to outside of San Antonio, and was blown out of the water by someone who bid it 68 cents all-in.

I wonder if they even have any insurance at all. <snort>

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
We put in a perfectly good bid at 85 cents to the truck for Minneapolis to outside of San Antonio, and was blown out of the water by someone who bid it 68 cents all-in.

I wonder if they even have any insurance at all. <snort>

It is pretty amazing what some of the carriers are bidding, especially those with no overhead or real fixed costs themselves.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I should probably add that for every one of these loads, I'll have one did $1.30. And considering John reached into his left front pocket and pulled out some change and handed it to me for 2 days layover, it's OK.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Rough sailing in the van world especially. The average is going to have to be the focus. We had a guy turn down a sprinter load a dollar a mile tot the truck today. Wouldn't move for less than 1.50 per mile. Smh

Seriously what do you tell a customer or your sales people?

Last edited:

teamdriver2

Active Expediter
Driver
Rough sailing in the van world especially. The average is going to have to be the focus. We had a guy turn down a sprinter load a dollar a mile tot the truck today. Wouldn't move for less than 1.50 per mile. Smh

Seriously what do you tell a customer or your sales people?
That is more then what we get in a straight truck sometimes! Smh