Interesting poll on Overdrive website about Expediting

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
The problem with the poll is they don't have a button for all the above.:cool:

I thought the same thing.... I went down the list clicking all of them before I realized that was not an option. Then I had to stop and think of what reply I wanted.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Translated time to explore places you have never been.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
"Long wait times in odd locations" is something attractive about expediting? LoL

I thought this was a pretty funny question myself. I know of some retired military people though that use expediting in this way. Get paid to go to certain areas of the country and enjoy the sites before taking a load to another area of the country. Not a bad set up if you can make it work.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Best one on there:

"Better Income, Pure and Simple"

Hahahaha...................

Who are they trying to target with that choice???? The Company Driver that's ran for .32 cents a mile for the last 15 years?? If that is the case.......Then Yeah.....it would be better income.....

But for a person that has any trucking experience........a little common sense......and a drive to succeed to better themselves..............there are Far Far Better Paths to go down in Trucking that will make them 3-4-5 times the $$$$ than an Expediter could ever imagine making.

Better Income....................Now that's a Hooooot! (insert pounding fist laughing smiley here)

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
I thought this was a pretty funny question myself. I know of some retired military people though that use expediting in this way. Get paid to go to certain areas of the country and enjoy the sites before taking a load to another area of the country. Not a bad set up if you can make it work.

I don't know why you even associate with us idiots.:confused::rolleyes:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

rollincoal

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Best one on there:

"Better Income, Pure and Simple"

Hahahaha...................

Who are they trying to target with that choice???? The Company Driver that's ran for .32 cents a mile for the last 15 years?? If that is the case.......Then Yeah.....it would be better income.....

But for a person that has any trucking experience........a little common sense......and a drive to succeed to better themselves..............there are Far Far Better Paths to go down in Trucking that will make them 3-4-5 times the $$$$ than an Expediter could ever imagine making.

Better Income....................Now that's a Hooooot! (insert pounding fist laughing smiley here)

Not with a class 8 pulling a 53' dry van there isn't. My rate to the truck on loaded miles only after the company I am leased to gets their percentage is $3.70 a mile. Deadhead pulls it down and that varies month to month or one quarter to the next depending on how busy freight is or not, year to date all miles in is $2.19 a mile. You can't turn those kind of numbers pulling a 53' dry van doing just general freight. That's even better than most companies with contract freight. Better than most guys pulling flatbed or refridgerated. That is spot market expedite in my tightly managed 1 truck operation. Most guys pulling their own 53' dry van are lucky if they average anywhere from $1.50-$2.00 a mile (or worse) hauling general freight including deadhead. I do realize the small trucks in expedite have a lot more competition but I think a smart operator could still exceed the low averages that many of these larger expedited companies have their small truck operaters running for on cheap expedited rates. Not sure how company drivers get paid in this line of work. If I were in that situation I would have to be at a company that paid on percentage, was honest about the rates, and gave me the flexibility to book my own loads at rates I negotiated.... ...a rare situation for a company driver indeed..

Last edited: