Indiana to Allow Citizens to Shoot Law Enforcement Officers

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Bet they make sure they bust the door of the rights houses down from now on!!:)

Indiana First State to Allow Citizens to Shoot Law Enforcement Officers
Monday, June 11, 2012
AllGov - News - Indiana First State to Allow Citizens to Shoot Law Enforcement Officers

Police officers in Indiana are upset over a new law allowing residents to use deadly force against public servants, including law enforcement officers, who unlawfully enter their homes. It was signed by Republican Governor Mitch Daniels in March.

The first of its kind in the United States, the law was adopted after the state Supreme Court went too far in one of its rulings last year, according to supporters. The case in question involved a man who assaulted an officer during a domestic violence call. The court ruled that there was “no right to reasonably resist unlawful entry by police officers.”

The National Rifle Association lobbied for the new law, arguing that the court decision had legalized police to commit unjustified entries.

Tim Downs, president of the Indiana State Fraternal Order of Police, which opposed the legislation, said the law could open the way for people who are under the influence or emotionally distressed to attack officers in their homes.

“It’s just a recipe for disaster,” Downs told Bloomberg. “It just puts a bounty on our heads.”

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Bet they make sure they bust the door of the rights houses down from now on!!:)

Indiana First State to Allow Citizens to Shoot Law Enforcement Officers
Monday, June 11, 2012
AllGov - News - Indiana First State to Allow Citizens to Shoot Law Enforcement Officers

As opposed to the bounty the state put on citizens' heads...

A cop acting outside of his authority or otherwise illegally becomes a common criminal at that instant, and an armed and dangerous criminal, at that. When an armed criminal breaks into your house, what's reasonable in repelling him?

OldGuy

Active Expediter
state Supreme Court went too far in one of its rulings last year, according to supporters. The case in question involved a man who assaulted an officer during a domestic violence call. The court ruled that there was “no right to reasonably resist unlawful entry by police officers.”

**** right they went too far, the fed.constitution states we have the right to protect ourselves against unlawful searches and seizures. That whole court needs to be cleaned out.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Maybe here's a reason Hoosiers feel like they do--they get tired of reading about out-of-control-cops like these:

6 Maryland State Troopers Club and Taser to Death a Diabetic Architect; 46 Others Watch

Written by Gary North on June 12, 2012

A total of 52 officers responded to the scene of a car crash. The driver was a diabetic architect who had suffered an attack: diaberic shock.

He was pepper sprayed, then clubbed, and finally tasered to death in front of his wife.

You might think it would take only 40 officers to subdue him. Possibly 30 would have sufficed. But this is Baltimore County. The threat to life and limb of officers is just too great. It took 52 of them.

Civil libertarians might think that this was a case of overkill — literally. But they do not live in Baltimore County, where the life of a highway patrolman is living hell, what with diabetics driving around loose.

These are savage times. Savage times call for strong measures.

If they had known the couple was returning from a Bible study, 70 or 80 would have responded. This kind of threat must not be taken lightly.

In earlier, more innocent days, the first trooper to arrive would have taken the man to a hospital. But that was then. This is now. First, start with pepper spray when he rolls down the car window. If he gets out of the car club him. Is he refuses to get back into the car, it’s taser time. That will do the trick. Usually.

If not, do it again until he stops moving.

The widow is suing the police department, which defenders of Maryland’s finest regard as a lack of gratitude for keeping the streets of Baltimore County safe.

For all we know, she is making this up.

A jury will decide.

Juries are good things. They restore authority to citizens.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Baltimore Sun

Carl D'Andre Johnson, 48, of Windsor Mills, was heading to a friend's home after a Bible study class just after 8 p.m. May 27, 2010 (a Thursday), when he crashed his Toyota pickup truck while driving southbound on Interstate 795, causing him to drive off the road near the interchange with the Beltway, police said.

State trooper Davon Parker of the Golden Ring Barrack was the first to arrive at the scene, the suit says. He knocked on Johnson's driver-side window, trying to speak with Johnson, but Johnson did not immediately respond. Eventually, Johnson put his window down and told the trooper he wanted to go home. Parker realized Johnson was acting abnormally and attempted to reach through the window to open the door when Johnson grabbed his hand, causing the trooper to pepper spray Johnson, the suit says.

At that point, a Baltimore County police officer arrived and struck Johnson in the left knee with a baton. When Johnson got out of his truck and Parker attempted to handcuff him, he "reacted by moving his hand away," the suit says. At that point, Baltimore County police officer Nicholas Wolferman and another officer threw Johnson over a guard rail. Several other officers arrived to help restrain Johnson.

Baltimore County police officer Andrew O'Neil said he was a Taser operator and Tasered Johnson in the back. When Johnson tried to stand up, another county police officer, Kenneth Brown, Tasered Johnson a second time in the torso, the suit says.

Police use Tasers to restrain belligerent or potentially dangerous suspects. The weapons shoot a pair of electrodes attached to wires, which deliver an electric current that causes pain and muscle contraction, leading to temporary paralysis.
The suit describes several officers continuing to struggle with Johnson, including punching him in the face and using "excessive force" but failing to look at the medical alert card in his wallet. Several officers placed Johnson in leg shackles and continued to "forcibly hold Mr. Johnson down to the ground even though the body of Mr. Johnson was no longer moving," the suit says.

According to the suit, a witness said at one point Johnson "was laying on his back with his hands up in the air, shouting, 'help,' numerous times."
By 9:31 p.m., Johnson was unresponsive and an officer noticed he was not breathing, the suit says. He was taken to the Northwest Hospital in Randallstown, where he was pronounced dead at 10:10 p.m.

Johnson had no arrest history in Maryland, according to public documents.
A Baltimore County police spokesman at the time said Johnson did not appear to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Meanwhile, I'd bet a dollar to a donut that his wife was yelling at them that he was having a diabetic fit, and not responsible for his actions... and she was ignored. Because that's what they do... they ignore explanations, and continue to be the bulldogs they were trained to be.

Once again, they use excessive force. Another one bites the dust.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Meanwhile, I'd bet a dollar to a donut that his wife was yelling at them that he was having a diabetic fit, and not responsible for his actions... and she was ignored. Because that's what they do... they ignore explanations, and continue to be the bulldogs they were trained to be.

Once again, they use excessive force. Another one bites the dust.

...and I bet while they rained blows down on his limp body, they yelled, "STOP RESISTING! STOP RESISTING!" And, pet usual, the blue wall will come down and protect the murderers instead of giving them up. There will be a review of the police by the police--how convenient--and in a few weeks, the chief will announce that the cops followed department policy. Had the murder victim lived, he'd have been charged with assaulting the cops' fists with his face, and the cops would testify as to how much pain the victim had caused them. That's how it goes when you break the law in the name of the law.

How can anyone say the murder victim's wife wouldn't have been within her rights, had she had a gun, to pull that gun and shoot the cops who were murdering her husband? It's not like it can be undone.

The line in the article says it best: there was a time when the first cop on the scene would have seen to it he got medical attention, but that was then and this is now.

And all the police apologists will tell us this doesn't happen in "AMERICA, WHERE AT LEAST I KNOW I'M FREE, AND I WON'T FORGET THE MEN WHO DIED, WHO GAVE THAT RIGHT TO--O ME!" Everybody sing!

They recruit psychopaths, train them to be psychopaths, and weed out the non-psychopaths that slip through the cracks. Officer Friendly died about 30 years ago, and he was succeeded by Sgt.Slaughter. "STAND AT ATTENTION WHEN I DEIGN TO ADDRESS YOU, MERE CITIZEN!"

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I see FAR more cops assisting people than I do hurting them.

I see them change tires along side the road.

I see them park behind vehicles that are having problems with their strobes on to provide added visibility.

I have seen them risk their lives at accident scenes protecting the lives of injured people.

I have seen them spend countless hours searching for lost kids.

I do know that there are abuses. I also know that people often see only what they want to see.

I also know that, at least for now, far more cops are killed by thugs and scum than there are citizens killed by cops.

Perspective is important. Abuse by cops is put out on the news and hammered. Too bad they seldom show them changing those tires for people.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I can't find it right now, but i have read that LEO's and criminals have very close psychological makeups.....the longer a LEO is on the job, the close the 2 become in their thinking.....it said that new LEO's start heavyhanded then mellow after 4-5 yrs then come full circle and back to the hardline and abuse....

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
I can't find it right now, but i have read that LEO's and criminals have very close psychological makeups.....the longer a LEO is on the job, the close the 2 become in their thinking.....it said that new LEO's start heavyhanded then mellow after 4-5 yrs then come full circle and back to the hardline and abuse....

There was a movie about that. Carroll O'Connor & Richard Coburn co-starred. O'Connor was the sheriff. He told someone how he could just as easily gone the other way.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Movies are not real, the are ALL pretend. If Hollywood puts it on a screen it is likely to be even less real. Actors pretend. Writers make up their pretend lives. It has no bearing in reality.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
I see FAR more cops assisting people than I do hurting them.
Yes, that's what you SEE.
I see them change tires along side the road.
When in the last 30 years do you see that? Cops don't have the time or inclination for that any more. That's why the volunteer organization I was in was started, to help stranded motorists because cops don't have time for that anymore. And that was 25 years ago. Think they have more time now? I'm not saying it NEVER happens ANYWHERE, but in general, that's a thing of the past.
I see them park behind vehicles that are having problems with their strobes on to provide added visibility.
Thanks for pointing that out. That certainly excuses the murder that cop in Washington committed. I've commented on it on it a few times here. Gee, I guess they're good guys after all.
I do know that there are abuses. I also know that people often see only what they want to see.
Reading your post, that does seem to be the case.

I also know that, at least for now, far more cops are killed by thugs and scum than there are citizens killed by cops.
I dispute the shiznit out of that. The dangers of police work are vastly overstated. The cops kill and maim far more people than the reverse.
Perspective is important. Abuse by cops is put out on the news and hammered. Too bad they seldom show them changing those tires for people.
It's largely the reverse. When an abusive cop does his thing, the blue wall of silence comes down. Remember the cop in Ohio who ignored a CCW permittee's statement that he was carrying and was then caught on tape threatening to execute him? That wasn't even his first offense! Yet, even after his blatant, egregious offense was played on the news and the internet, his buddies stepped up to donate their sick days to him, when they should have been handcuffing and booking him for aggravated assault. How long did it take to get his @$$ fired? And he wasn't even prosecuted!

The cop who murdered in cold blood the drunk outside the bar in Washington--did you hear that on the news? I bet you had never heard of it before I cited it on here.

Police crime is usually swept under the rug. The press is usually very compliant and dutifully reports the chief's press conference at which he announces that the officer acted within department guidelines when he tased the 90 year old grandma. Then the cop cries on camera about the sleep he lost because grandma forced him to do it.

That's how it usually goes.

The good things that cops do--they're supposed to do those things. It's like how Chris Rock mocks idiots who proudly say, "I take care of my kids!"

"What do you want, a cookie? You're supposed to take care of your kids!"

"I ain't never been to jail!"

"So what? You're not supposed to go to jail. You want a medal?"

A cop looks for a missing kid or stops behind a broke-down to provide traffic control, that earns him his paycheck. It doesn't earn him a pass to maim or kill us.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I see cops changing tires and protecting disabled vehicles on a regular basis. Not out of the ordinary.

I know many cops, none have ever beat up or killed anyone.

I know that there are problems, always have been, always well. Cops are only people and police departments are part of corrupt governments. Everyone, though, is an individual, and is not guilty of anything unless, first they do the crime, and second are convicted of it. You want that right for yourself. The best way to insure YOUR rights are for you to insure those of everyone else, even cops.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
I see cops changing tires and protecting disabled vehicles on a regular basis. Not out of the ordinary.
Traffic control for stranded vehicles, all the time. When have you recently seen a cop change a tire? Actually, where would be a better question. That's virtually unheard of in recent times. Must be a real Andy Taylor. Most cops are more like Barney.
I know many cops, none have ever beat up or killed anyone.
I guess it depends on your definition of "to beat." Ask them if they've used their taser in circumstances other than to protect their person when laying hands on someone is likely to get them hurt. They have a cop's definition of what's appropriate, a very self-serving one, one in which "officer safety" trumps the Bill of Rights.
The number of cops on the job for more than a month who have not routinely and systematically violated the Bill of Rights: ZERO.
I know that there are problems, always have been, always well. Cops are only people and police departments are part of corrupt governments.
Therein lays the problem. You take an individual as flawed as everybody else, imbue him with power and very little accountability, and what's going to happen?
It's like government in general. A guy gets elected to orifice, and it's as if everybody thinks he was sat down in some magic chair of knowledge and he's a **** genius now. But he's still the same assclown he was before, only now he's making laws for everybody while exempting himself.
Everyone, though, is an individual, and is not guilty of anything unless, first they do the crime, and second are convicted of it. You want that right for yourself. The best way to insure YOUR rights are for you to insure those of everyone else, even cops.
However, one, his crimes are committed under the color of law. And second, a cop who sees another cop abuse his authority and neutralize (I don't remember what word I was thinking of when posted this, but auto-correct changed it. It wasn't neutralize.) someone and doesn't step in is also guilty. How many cops can say they've never been guilty of allowing another cop to use excessive force, even those friends of yours? And how many of your friends have never enforced illegal gun control (a redundancy) or seat belt laws, or some other violation of the Bill of Rights?

Last edited:

BigCat

Expert Expediter
You know how you find a bad cop? Call the police station, it don't really matter who answers.

I have no respect for cops. They as Amonger said abuse their rights and get away with it. I will not let them search my car or my house because that is my property and don't feel they have any right to. I could understand if I pulled up to a light and smoke rolled out like a cheech and Chong movie but a law abiding citizen as my self driving to work at 5am? Really? Yea it happened in Memphis last year around march. Cuffed and in the squad car while they tore my pickup apart. They even cracked my door panel trying to look behind it. For all I know they could be trying to plant something for another stop later.

Mayfield Express

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk