I-75 Rebuild (North of Detroit)

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
While I don't agree with the need for HOV lanes, this stretch of highway is a major road through the area and has been in need of this rebuild for years.

Find an alternative route if you can.
I was being sarcastic but yeah it's a bad stretch.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Other cities have the dedicated HOV lanes and now have added E-cars to that list..alternative energy qualified.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
So they are going to spend over a Billion $ and not fix two of the biggest bottlenecks in the area? Not saying the rebuild isn't needed but thinking money would be better spent other ways.
HOV lanes would be better served as thru traffic lanes only. I'm thinking at least/nearly 70% of all truck traffic doesn't want to stop in Detroit anyways.

Attachments

• 1471180865860.jpg
    1471180865860.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 1471180878691.jpg
    1471180878691.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 22

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Other cities have the dedicated HOV lanes and now have added E-cars to that list..alternative energy qualified.
So they are going to spend over a Billion $ and not fix two of the biggest bottlenecks in the area? Not saying the rebuild isn't needed but thinking money would be better spent other ways.
HOV lanes would be better served as thru traffic lanes only. I'm thinking at least/nearly 70% of all truck traffic doesn't want to stop in Detroit anyways.
While we could debate both if the above, I'm concerned with the here and now, which is the need for drivers to find alternative routes around the comming massive traffic jams.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
While we could debate both if the above, I'm concerned with the here and now, which is the need for drivers to find alternative routes around the comming massive traffic jams.
you are assuming massive traffic jams....there are plenty ways around in that area to come in from 94 or 96. 696 or off John R whatever...

IMO an HOV lane is useless in a small town like Detroit...the need is to move the traffic because of the volume of trucks...

Last edited:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
you are assuming massive traffic jams....there are plenty ways around in that area to come in from 94 or 96. 696 or off John R whatever...

IMO an HOV lane is useless in a small town like Detroit...the need is to move the traffic because of the volume of trucks...
I said I'm not for HOV lanes. And , Yes, I know many ways around the construction. I live here, remember

I'm advising others to find ways around.

Last edited:
Reactions: ntimevan

jaxonviking

Expert Expediter
One of my steady customers in Troy is relocating 40 miles north. I expect this project was part of that calculus. Combined with lower labor costs out in the sticks, lower property taxes, local politicians happy as heck to welcome new industrial business, etc etc. Hard to keep things on a tight schedule when the main interstate on your doorstep could be majorly screwed up for months at a time.