Humble2Drive

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Funny how online forums work and when I received the phone call from an unknown phone number that Ed Wallace had passed away... "I said Who?" and once again the unknown voice said Ed's wife wanted me to find you and let you know that Ed had passed away. Once again I asked Who? and he said oh you know him as Humble2drive. I was glad I was sitting down not driving as I thought I had been kicked in the stomach.

We were only able to meet Humble2drive and his wife once in person and after that all of our our contact was though many private messages over the years. He was one of my main support pillars that kept me in line and gave me the support and encouragement I needed when some of the comments online were discouraging.

He also was an inspiration in health as he knew a lot about eating healthy to be healthy, not to only lose weight. His comments often made me stop and think about what my goals really were.

Humble2drive had many debates over the years with posters and his common sense approach and knowledge not only about trucking but about nutrition always was displayed in his writing.

I am very thankful that Ed's wife was kind enough to find someone to track us down to let us know that he was finally out of pain. Rest well as you were a wonderful friend.

Attachments

• Humble2Drive.jpg
    Humble2Drive.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 45

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Funny how online forums work and when I received the phone call from an unknown phone number that Ed Wallace had passed away... "I said Who?" and once again the unknown voice said Ed's wife wanted me to find you and let you know that Ed had passed away. Once again I asked Who? and he said oh you know him as Humble2drive. I was glad I was sitting down not driving as I thought I had been kicked in the stomach.

We were only able to meet Humble2drive and his wife once in person and after that all of our our contact was though many private messages over the years. He was one of my main support pillars that kept me in line and gave me the support and encouragement I needed when some of the comments online were discouraging.

He also was an inspiration in health as he knew a lot about eating healthy to be healthy, not to only lose weight. His comments often made me stop and think about what my goals really were.

Humble2drive had many debates over the years with posters and his common sense approach and knowledge not only about trucking but about nutrition always was displayed in his writing.

I am very thankful that Ed's wife was kind enough to find someone to track us down to let us know that he was finally out of pain. Rest well as you were a wonderful friend.

Although we never met, I feel a friendship to all here on EO.

Rest in Peace, my friend, Rest in Peace.