How much does Straight truck Insurance cost? Cargo to Straight?

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Looking into getting a class 7 straight truck I'm gunna have to hold off on the volvo I think until prices come down on the 2012 780.

How much is the insurance?

Has anyone ever tried a straight truck out and gone back to Cargo Van?

I have a class b cdl hazmat but all my driving is in a sprinter, what things will I need to get used to? Besides larger clearance, longer van body, more fuel consumption, logging hours and stopping for scales? Looking into a 22 box and 72 bentz sleeper on a 335 pb chassis. Seems like a great starter rig! Auto with Air ride, class 7.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Call CIS for an insurance quote.
Also your carrier may have a program.

Handling may take some getting used to. Longer stopping distances. More wind buffetting; maybe. I never drove a $printer.

Ifta sticker. Annual inspections. Safety equipment.
Comfortable sleeping arrangements.
PTI's . Pay more attention. Fix stuff NOW !
Watch tire pressure. It will save you more money than you'll believe and give you a better handling vehicle.

Good Luck. P

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks Zorry! What is a IFTA sticker? I currently watch tire pressure and fix everything when something needs it and very anal about maintenance. I'm looking at a peterbilt 335 with only 85k. I talked to a guy in Laredo in Jan who drives a 07 335 and he currently has 3 million miles on his truck and said he just replaced the engine with a new cummins.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
It's the little green sticker with the 14 on it you'll see on most big trucks.
Your carrier usually will provide it and handle everything about it.
It's part of your fuel permit.

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
I talked to a guy in Laredo in Jan who drives a 07 335 and he currently has 3 million miles on his truck and said he just replaced the engine with a new cummins.

Riiiiiight. 3 million? BS detector is going haywire. Not just no, but H E L L no. Believe nothing this person tells you.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey Zorry would i be able to run California loads in and out with the 09 peterbilt 335 or is there some expensive upgrade I'd have to install modify? The guy at Rush Truck Center said to avoid the hybrid model due to electrical problems.