How many miles on your Sprinter?

Johnp3337

Rookie Expediter
Curious how many miles are on folks sprinters and what heavy maintenance you've had to do to keep it rolling.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Transmission replaced, high pressure fuel injector pump and fuel rail. Less heavy are one fuel injector, radiator, AC condenser & compressor, auxiliary fan, 3 water pumps, all pulleys, harmonic balancer, belt tensioner (so.many.belt.tensioners) power steering pump, alternator, wheel bearings, brakes, shocks & struts, clockspring, EGR valve, brakes, tires, headlamps, battery.

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
Greeting:I had 2 so far the 1st was an 2004 I got 350K before I pumped water mixed fuel in at the Fling J in B'ham,Al.Replaced engine with a rebuilt one,cost appox $9K.Then trany when out Wis.,rebuilted one cost $2800.Finny at 550K drop a piston.Sold it for parts, how ever a spotted it again in Houston Tx 6 months later beening driven my a newbie from Bolt.Got a 2011, 28 months ago I got 260K on it,the reason I'm telling you this is its in the shop having the DPF replaced.What a nitemare,it took we 12 days to get home after visting 3 different dealers from.All with the help from M/B Customer Service getting me the appt at each dealer.One dealer wanted me to wait 10 days before they could see it.I played every card I had to get it home to my dealer before forking out the bucks.Thank you M/B Customer service.When Dodge had it they jacked me around doing work and telling things I needed that I didnt need.I wouldn't got this one if I had to deal with Dodge.My current Sprinter I love it I plan to get a millon miles out of it like the saleman, told I could.LOL What do they say about there lips moving..........Go get you one and happy truckin.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
i have 11k on my leftover model 2012 i picked up in September 2013 lol. A guy I work with bought a 05' new and has only replaced his driveshaft in 480,000. it was like $2,300 driveshaft tho

Pakrat

Seasoned Expediter
2011. 269,237 miles. Glow plugs, turbo thingamajig, needs struts, def light on(no countdown of death yet, can't get light to go off.), eats bulbs like skittles.

littlejoe

Veteran Expediter
I did my 540,000 mile oil change last week. First 500,000 Miles

eb

Got 605k on kamals #1 van and still averages 22 loaded with 3k in it

How ya been doing Eric?

Joe

(Your former partner in crime @ bolt) (gsnarxx...giggle giggle .78 cents per mile..... Do we look stupid or did they just assume that?)

Sent from my QMV7A using EO Forums mobile app

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Hey Joe, Getting along. Had fun digging out of Grand Rapids snow this morning.

567,967 miles on the odometer and in the shop doing preventive work and looking into a couple hip pocket writeups.

eb

littlejoe

Veteran Expediter
Hey Joe, Getting along. Had fun digging out of Grand Rapids snow this morning.

567,967 miles on the odometer and in the shop doing preventive work and looking into a couple hip pocket writeups.

eb

I can truthfully say it now, got you beat, and mileage, I'm sitting at 606,000. And the old girls gave me and Kamal no problems other than a heater blower motor , tensioner pulley ,and a windshield wiper arm , and windshield wiper transmission assembly

GOD I LOVE MY SPRINTER!!!!!!!!

JOE

Sent from my QMV7A using EO Forums mobile app

Last edited: