Hidden Compartments in Trucks

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Unfortunately the answer is simple... Your vehicle, home, purse, etc. your illegal product.

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm right there with you. If there is some hidden compartment anywhere in our truck I have no clue as to where it might be. We also got this truck used and know nothing about the last people who owned it.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using EO Forums

Unfortunately your vehicle, home, even a purse if it is there it is yours. Thats why I always gave a new appartment, or a vehicle a good looking over.

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Another case of attempting to stop or prevent things that criminals will do no matter what law is on the books, Did Prohibition prevent alcohol sales, ask Capone, Do drug smugglers who bring hundreds of cars, trucks, ox carts and Semi trailers etc thru customs suddenly jump up and say OMG youve got me that new law NO HIDDEN COMPARTMENTS....If congress would simply give up trying to legislate the Innocent law abiding truckers and understand that those who commit Illegal acts WILL DO SO NO MATTER WHAT.....

You can pass no smoking laws, people smoke, so they run disgusting ads of amputees and no teeth freaks thinking this will make people stop, NOPE....So we outlaw Smuggling of people, has it curtailed or stopped it, NOPE, They pass laws saying Congressmen cant lie, did it help....NOPE
You cant legislate and pass laws that have no effect on those they think will read the law and say Oh darn, now I have to find a job, I cant put balloons up my butt and fly to America....

So some Innocent trucker who wants to prevent his wallet from being stolen, or his truck papers, or whatever legitamite valuable and he hides it, the cops stop him and search and find his wallet, or truck papers etc....I dont smuggle drugs, or people or explosives etc, I take drug tests, I pass them....Im as legal as can be,,,but if I have a compartment that secures my Wallet IM NOW A CRIMINAL....You cannot legislate morality amongst those who WANT to break the law.

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
GOOD and BAD NEWS.
Good: I found the hidden compartment and my lost cds.
Bad: I am now lost inside it and dont know how to get out.

hossman2011

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Guilty before you even commit a crime... this country is really starting to annoy me... or should I say the nanny state liberals that conceive these ridiculous laws...

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Guilty before you even commit a crime... this country is really starting to annoy me... or should I say the nanny state liberals that conceive these ridiculous laws...

That's far from the only case like that. Look into "structuring." That will boil your potatoes. The feds will even acknowledge you weren't doing anything wrong, but because the law is written to punish people who look guilty...

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Another reason to be a member of OOIDA and get Landline Magazine. A report by Keith Goble, state legislature editor in the May issue has an article "Could Ohio lump truckers with traffickers?"

The article goes on to say that at this time ONLY compartments added after the vehicle leaves the factory are targeted. The compartments in the Bolt Custom Trucks sleeper are added at time of manufacturing and are part of the sleeper.

moose

Veteran Expediter
G.M Linda.
currently, a DOT officer is allowed into our trucks to inspect (not to search) it for safety defects. (like fire resistant mattress, ventilation, size Ext.)
all the rest of LEO's needs probable cause, that can stands a court case, to even enter our property.
this new law's will get away with all of the above .

as i mention before, states cannot regulate an interstate commercial vehicle buildup.
a good example is the stupid new converse hood mirrors in NYC, that apply only to a NY states registered trucks & buses,
and the rezone shippers are pushing for a FEDERAL LHV allowance.

Last edited:

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
More big brother in my life.if I want hide something in my truck is my business! I see HP in Texas taking stuff out families vehicles on the side of the road.Why because they ask them if be ok to search there vehicle. What for why ect. Some Parrish police in La had taken over a million dollars from citzens after letting search there cars and trucks and they take the money and telling this money could be used to buy drugs. Not Warrent no search.If they want my money pull gun and take it just go ahead and rob me.Dont do it on duty like they doing a service for the public trust. If they want drag all my stuff out my truck on the side of the road they going to need a Warrent signed by JUDGE stating why.What do you think they find my secret compartments?Think they drag all there X-ray equipment out. God bless America we need it.

Last edited by a moderator: