Hey Y'all it's September! Where ya at?!

guido4475

Not a Member
Tractor now has a trailer tire on it. Have to get a truck tire when the tractor gets a load back. Pretty darn frustrating coming from a tire service company, but you've had experience with them.

I hear ya on the frustration.....They wrote the work order up correctly when I went there to get the damaged rear tire replaced from the accident....it was the guy actually doing the work that goofed up....oh well.....got another new tire out of it free....they scrapped the good old one taken off by the time I got back to have it corrected...

Back to watching Columbo now......lol....

guido4475

Not a Member
Am I missing something or hasn't there been any training assigned yet for October? Sitting on these weekends would have been a good time do them in advance.

I was wondering the same thing, and am going to call safety in the morning to get the new list of videos to watch to kill some time.

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Im not even gonna start I just hope we get busy soon im dying sitting everywhere I go...

Last edited by a moderator:

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
At the dealership getting a new Rack and Pinion installed. Lot of Promasters that can not be sold due to recalls.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Im not even gonna start I just hope we get busy soon im dying sitting everywhere I go...

Keep dreaming....."busy" is gone....never see busy again....oh there will be "pockets" of busy here and there....but nothing consistent..don't blink or you'll miss it...ALL year its been like this...

and now the UAW enters into negotiations for next spring....

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
todd, if the business is killing you now, multiply the pain by the number of sitting vehicles in your fleet. then multiply that pain by the number of sitting drivers in each of those vehicles....

guido4475

Not a Member
Keep dreaming....."busy" is gone....never see busy again....oh there will be "pockets" of busy here and there....but nothing consistent..don't blink or you'll miss it...ALL year its been like this...

and now the UAW enters into negotiations for next spring....

Good morning, OVM! Overly optimistic I see.......lol.....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good morning, OVM! Overly optimistic I see.......lol.....

you've been waiting for "busy" for almost 10 months now.....LOL....

I told ya's before and I'll say again..welcome to the new and improved expedite world....this ain't a Load 1 thing..its an industry as a whole thing....

Just think back when of all them mom and pop grocery stores that kept hanging in saying the market will come back .the market will come back....as the big box stores moved in......change or wilt on the vine...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am curious to see how the Transit is going to do in the first 2 years in America.Recall, and reliability wise.

It'll probably have its growing pains....but it will settle in...I think they will work just fine...
some of them recall issues sound like assembly line goofs...figure quite a few new people on the line...learning as they go...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was wondering the same thing, and am going to call safety in the morning to get the new list of videos to watch to kill some time.

There is a complete list there?...all the way to December....look again

from the site:

October 2014
CSA Top Violations​
distracted driver - cell phone​
New texting law​

November 2014
Intersections -Expect the Unexpected​
Three Points of contacts​

December 2014
Level 1 Inspection

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
John Re: Stop and Traffic Signs ......
I watched the video on both Firefox and IE and the test questions won't come up?>...

guido4475

Not a Member
Mike jr did his usual morning wake up call with a load offer....but tgan, later on, Jamie called me with one...currently at the shipper now...nd I got out before someone in an old orange dodge window van that had logistics experts on the side of it....

guido4475

Not a Member
Picked up at a chicken place. The inside of my van now smells like fried chicken for the next 600 miles....lol...