Help! opinions on possible dodge sprinter to purchase

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching
Hey due to my lack of funds and credit im looking into getting a used van that i can get for no more than 4,000.
The van will be used for a local courier service so will not accumulate as much milage as expediting.

im going to look at these two...

2005 Dodge Sprinter High Roof 3dr Extended Cargo Van

Dodge Van

2005 dodge sprinter, has new engine and tranny but is old. the other one original at 332k.

just wondering what you guys think about this deal and anything i need to get checked out or questions to ask?

any help would be appreciated

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Do you have to have a Sprinter for the local courier service, instead of a regular van or cube?

Although I like the price and model year, with lack of funds, be prepared for additional maintenance/repair cost.
Nothing is cheap with a Sprinter, especially without a trusted mechanic that won't bleed your funds.

The 2nd one "New tires. New Transmission. 2nd Engine" is interesting. Sounds like he would take less then $4K, but why? Needs cash or big problems coming. Would obviously need more information on Trans and Engine put in and mileage put on them. But both seem like good choices to check out.

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching
Do you have to have a Sprinter for the local courier service, instead of a regular van or cube?

Although I like the price and model year, with lack of funds, be prepared for additional maintenance/repair cost.
Nothing is cheap with a Sprinter, especially without a trusted mechanic that won't bleed your funds.

The 2nd one "New tires. New Transmission. 2nd Engine" is interesting. Sounds like he would take less then $4K, but why? Needs cash or big problems coming. Would obviously need more information on Trans and Engine put in and mileage put on them. But both seem like good choices to check out.
thanks yeah i talked to the manager today instead of the office lady and he was saying was i wouldnt do much better with a sprinter vs a regular van...so i am probably just going to get a used normal van with a more normal engine and less problems than a sprinter. Just save up from there so if i do wanna get back into expediting ill just reinvest the money i made into one then. home every day with weekends off does sound a lot nicer than weeks on the road even if its less money and physical work.

thanks for your reply

Reactions: RoadTime