heater & ac blower not working

bea87d4e

Active Expediter
any clues?? the heater and ac works but the fans not blowing.riding down the road its forced air but its cool or hot whatever you set it to.2010 2500 sprinter van. thanks if you can help.

briggie1

Seasoned Expediter
my sprinter did the same thing, it was the blower moter went bad,, pull it out and and put power to it and you will know, it is not to bad to pull out

06easyrider

Active Expediter
I concur, it's probably the blower motor gone bad. Also, not sure if sprinters have a cabin air filter - if it's clogged, no air can get through. Do you hear the blower working?

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I concur, it's probably the blower motor gone bad. Also, not sure if sprinters have a cabin air filter - if it's clogged, no air can get through. Do you hear the blower working?

Sprinters have a cabin air filter. It should be located just under the windshield wipers. The fact that you're getting airflow tells me that it's more likely the motor though-- you get forced airflow while driving, but nothing while sitting at a stop light.... it'll be the blower motor.

bea87d4e

Active Expediter
Yeah we've checked the air filter its good. I will have my husband pull the blower motor and check it. could there be a relay around the blower motor anywhere in the cabin??

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Sprinter blower motors usually fail around the 100,000 to 150,000 mile mark. If you are in that ballpark, there ya go. Simple replacement. Not cheap, but simple. (And before some goober says they got seventy bazillionty miles on their motor, yes, some motors last longer than the average, and some don't last as long as the average)

bea87d4e

Active Expediter
Resistor-Heater AC Blower wheres this located on a 2010 sprinter??? had alot of people tell me about resistor but 2010 is not the same as our friends 08. thanks for all of your help....

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Resistor-Heater AC Blower wheres this located on a 2010 sprinter??? had alot of people tell me about resistor but 2010 is not the same as our friends 08. thanks for all of your help....

The 2007 to date uses the same exact part.

I think it is the motor.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As of right now our blower motor has 498110 miles on it. Guess we got lucky.

Yeah, y'all got lucky, I have 100,000 miles on ya and I'm on my third motor! I did away with my cabin filter, put a screen and home A/C filter on the air intake, Wash it ever time I do an oil change.

To the O/P= the part you are looking for is somewhere in line of the airbox, most likely after the blower motor. However, you should have at least one speed if it's bad, if not it is the blower motor.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sprinter blower motors usually fail around the 100,000 to 150,000 mile mark. If you are in that ballpark, there ya go. Simple replacement. Not cheap, but simple. (And before some goober says they got seventy bazillionty miles on their motor, yes, some motors last longer than the average, and some don't last as long as the average)

There appears to be a few goobers around....:D
of which I am one,....663,000 miles and only changed once....but the resistor 3 times...

so who's the goober now?...LOL

stonewolf

Seasoned Expediter
hi certified mechanic 80 percent of the time its the resitor its usually on the back of the motor but auto makers these days hide em well ... like in the blower motor or on a adjesent voltage regulateing wire ... never know bet u can google i (not a joke big help some times) my moneys on the resitor ... a round of applause for those with the same answer lol jk have a good day drivers hope to back out there with ya soon

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
so who's the goober now?...LOL

I don't know. But I do know that the average MTBF on those blower motors is 100,000 to 150,000 miles according to the Chrysler parts guy when he looked it up in the parts database today after I asked him to. 68% fail under warranty.