Has anyone found Morels yet?

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
I'm getting anxious to hear if anyone has found any morel mushrooms yet! It snowed in Michigan last weekend when we were home. I think it's going to be a few more weeks at least before the mushrooms make an appearance. Let me know if any have been found anywhere else! :)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have not had the chance to look yet, we are in CA now, don't even know if they allow them here. Layoutshooter

buddy

Seasoned Expediter
None here, just walked around on saturday. I think we need a warm spring rain and some warmer nights yet.

thats the latest from here in lapeer county:D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Re: Has anyone found Morels yet?

No Morels here...
BUT there seems a lack of scruples of late in the soapbox!;)

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
also nothing,went out saturday,nice sunny day 53 deg out, i usually get them aroung the first week of may...but have even gotten quite a few in the first part of june..

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There is the carbon footprint thing here in the Granola State and the other reason might be that you can't get high on morels. Layoutshooter

flattop40

Expert Expediter
also nothing,went out saturday,nice sunny day 53 deg out, i usually get them aroung the first week of may...but have even gotten quite a few in the first part of june..

Was just going to post that. I get them on my property mid to late May. I don't get the blacks but the big whites. Depending on the year any where from 35 to my best year was 87.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I'm 70 miles South East of Springfield MO. On 93 acres of which 70 or so is Glades, woods, Savannah. I see them when out walking my property (not that I would ever eat one). Anyone ever close by, your welcome to help yourself.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Why would you never eat one? They are wonderful and can be used in oh so many ways? Are you afraid you might get a wrong one? Not too likely, they are one of the easiest mushrooms to identify, all you need is a good book and you will be able to tell them apart. Layoutshooter