GPS411......?

FAMILYEXPDT

Seasoned Expediter
So i read a few posts here that mentioned gps411 and decided I was going to try and use them for our fleet. We currently use internet truckstop. Imagine my surprise when they told me that I was leased on with Panther II and therefore could not use their services, the samew with fedex. Tristate is however allowed to use their services. It makes no sense whatsoever to be afraid of competition....we use these kinds of services for backhauls only. Any other good places to find expedited freight or ltl loads?

thanks in advance

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Set up as a independent company or contact carriers directly to get on their list. I find it easier to use a agent within a company so they do the majority of the searching for you.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter
KW Express
o/o till i die

gps411 is not backhauls and I dont think panther is a member.
I think they now have a backhaul assistant or something like that.

any loads Ive gotten from panther came from panther as a broker.
they have there own packet you fill out and you call in to them to see if they have anything available for you fedex is the same.
express1,tri-state,con-way,bolt,espes,allstates,c&m,jung
are members.and hunderds more I think they have over 5,000 trucks
now

I have gotten calls from panther where the guy said his freind told him I had a truck posted on gps and wanted to know if it was still available.

BonnieMac

Expert Expediter
My guess is they don't want you coming in as a one truck operation and supplying their info to the whole organization. I have been a member for years and they are getting more and more careful about who they sell memberships to. They have a great organization. I would hate to see it watered down. So far they have a good mix of expedite brokers and carriers. Of course, I would like to see more brokers come in but I don't want to see their loads posted for members being given out to outsiders for free. That hurts me as a paying member carrier. It makes sense to me that they would refuse a leased o/o to be a member. Because you are leased you really have no way of legitimately taking a load from them do you?

BonnieMac

Expert Expediter
and no, panther is not a member. They have their own system. I'm sure they would love to have the whole panther ii organization on full system because that is their main operation...the broker dispatching software.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Bonnie... I have gps, and am leased to a carrier. Simply put, I use it to find loads when I'm in an area like today, Eagle Pass, TX. I find something, I call up dispatch, they call the broker. I run for C&M, who is a member of the alliance. The owner had gps when he ran his own authority, and I convinced him to stay on so I could keep an eye open for loads. It's worked out great, so far. And, even if I don't find loads, I can keep track of trucks in the area, and know where the hot spots are. In a sense, I'm acting as an additional dispatcher for the company I run for. Am I taking business away from you with what I'm doing?

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
KW brings up a good point. The act of double, sometimes triple brokering goes on constantly. If I use gps to find a friend a load, which I do sometimes, I'm helping out the members of gps who are trying to move the freight. What difference is there between me helping a friend for nothing, and booking a load then brokering it out to someone for a percentage? One is out of the goodness of my heart, and the other is out of benefit to my pocket. Either way, I'm moving freight. So, yes... I'm creating competition for you, but I also pay for the service. If it gets under your skin, I can't help that.

I would be pizzed about ppl who get loads on gps who plan to run that freight with no authority. And I can understand the alliance trying to cut down on that kind of activity. But how can they differentiate when ppl get authorities, then lose them, and keep running the freight? Groupllc brought that up about one company on gps, and I'm sure there are more.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
TNHawk,
I see no problem with you brokering out a load as a favor to a friend, or a favor to your checking account. The way I see it is it's no one else's business how you run your business.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
If you are with Panther, you can obtain loads from any source as long as they get their 15 percent for insurance and authority.
There are a few exceptions, and those are from deadbeat companies that can't pay their freight bill.
And like Hawk, I will on occassion book a load for someone else. I don't make a huge habit of it, but I don't charge either. Several recent ones have been right here for EO members.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter
KW Express
o/o till i die

I have no problem what ever way its done either.as long as the person picking up the freight has authority,insurance the load times are met the check calls are done everyone should be happy. it isnt like the alliance is some secret organisation that you have to give up your first born to join.its just a platform to share information.

But you know that someone turned bonnie onto the alliance just like we was and I know bonnie aka maxine shares alot of good info on getloaded and have nothing against her but in this particular post I find its the kettle calling the pot black

heres a question who can tell me what is the average size fleet in the usa

not the biggest or the smallest but what is the average number of trucks operated

has anyone ever resarched this?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I believe transport topics said the average was three. That is taking into account the biggest to the smallest that is licensed.
If people want a exclusive relationship, then visit the freight company or the customer. Anything out there is fair game as far as I am concerned.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

BonnieMac

Expert Expediter
Good grief this place is ugly! Tennessee you said you were on their as a leased driver but your company is a member of the alliance. So they pay for the service you are using.

all I meant by them not allowing one leased person from Panther on there was that maybe they thought the entire panther organization would then have free access to their site through that one leased person. I didn't mean to insult everyone in here.

KW, do you feel better "exposing" my company like its some big bad secret? I hope so. I'm very proud of the company I built. I don't normally broadcast its name on open forums because there are way too many nuts out there and I prefer giving out my information to those that I do business with. I hope you feel good about that.

As for my membership with GPS I have 2 trucks in my company and I dispatch for one other expedite company, small 1 truck operation. Yes, the rate I pay includes those. The other company I dispatch for runs dedicated freight so I don't need to use GPS for them.

Is that enough information for you all? Now you can all kiss my ##### and enjoy your little site. I will go somewhere that is a little more friendly. You people are friggin vultures!

BonnieMac

Expert Expediter
and KW I would hope that you would have enough decency to stop broadcasting my phone number and address on open forums. I would never do that to anyone here and think you really had no call to publish mine. I came to this board because we are all in the same business and I wanted to make friends with others doing the same thing. I never expected that the first time someone disagreed with a post I made that all my personal information would be blasted here. Is that my punishment for daring to have an opinion? Well it worked. This forum isn't worth that.

and yes, ##### it, I have already gotten my first call and been hung up on twice. Are you happy???????? I hope so.