Going Green?

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, green for us, but the office has to physically print out all of those pages, scan them, and then e-mail them to us (although they really don't have to print and scan them since they are in electronic form in the first place, but I digress). The info about Going Green was tacked on as a last page of the e-mailed settlement from 07/20/14 (the one we got last Friday the 25th).

There is a way to save the settlement page from Fleetvision. Two ways, actually. One is to go to the Pay Sheets page and select the correct settlement date to display, and then go to FILE | SAVE PAGE AS, and save the entire page in HTML format. Clumsy, at best, but complete.

Another way is to print the page to a PDF file. In the upper right corner of a page displaying the settlement, there are BACK REFRESH PRINT links you can click. If you click PRINT you can print the page.

I have the full-blown version of Adobe Acrobat, so I get seamless PDF printing from any print dialog. If you only have options to print to a physical printer (although in Windows you can print it to Microsoft's XPS file format, which is kind of like PDF), you can install a PDF Printer. A good one is CutePDF Writer (although when you install it, be sure to UNcheck the terribly awful and annoying Ask Toolbar before you going ahead with the install). Once Acrobat or CutePDF Writer is installed, you can just print it to a PDF file and save it like normal.

Two big issues that I don't see a way to fix, however, is how to get and print the actual check page showing the voucher number, check number, payment number, check date, etc.

The other is, as has already been mentioned, the fuel purchases page. I once had PFJ tag me with buying 40 gallons of refer fuel along with my 16 gallons of truck diesel, all for my 26.5 gallon fuel tank. I don't have a refer. It took several weeks to get that straightened out, and I shudder to think how long it would take if I didn't even know about it in the first place.

Thanks for the help Turtle, that CutePDF writer did the trick :)

Now all I need is something to remind me when I miss a week :rolleyes: