Going Green?

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Settlements going green? Maybe I need more insight into fleet vision, but right now it seems like a major inconvenience.

For the last few years, keeping up on records has been pretty easy. Weekly settlement emailed, transfer to a file and all done. Now if I understand it correctly, after being out for weeks we have to print off the settlements, scan them, then save them. And hoping you don't miss one in the process. I don't see any option to directly save the settlement off of fleet vision. I also don't see any break down for fuel purchases to make sure that is correct. Last thing I want to do after being out is to have to go through all this.

If I'm missing something, please educate me :confused:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Confused where did you see this info? I thought emailed settlements was pretty green.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC123

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Confused where did you see this info? I thought emailed settlements was pretty green.
Well, green for us, but the office has to physically print out all of those pages, scan them, and then e-mail them to us (although they really don't have to print and scan them since they are in electronic form in the first place, but I digress). The info about Going Green was tacked on as a last page of the e-mailed settlement from 07/20/14 (the one we got last Friday the 25th).

There is a way to save the settlement page from Fleetvision. Two ways, actually. One is to go to the Pay Sheets page and select the correct settlement date to display, and then go to FILE | SAVE PAGE AS, and save the entire page in HTML format. Clumsy, at best, but complete.

Another way is to print the page to a PDF file. In the upper right corner of a page displaying the settlement, there are BACK REFRESH PRINT links you can click. If you click PRINT you can print the page.

I have the full-blown version of Adobe Acrobat, so I get seamless PDF printing from any print dialog. If you only have options to print to a physical printer (although in Windows you can print it to Microsoft's XPS file format, which is kind of like PDF), you can install a PDF Printer. A good one is CutePDF Writer (although when you install it, be sure to UNcheck the terribly awful and annoying Ask Toolbar before you going ahead with the install). Once Acrobat or CutePDF Writer is installed, you can just print it to a PDF file and save it like normal.

Two big issues that I don't see a way to fix, however, is how to get and print the actual check page showing the voucher number, check number, payment number, check date, etc.

The other is, as has already been mentioned, the fuel purchases page. I once had PFJ tag me with buying 40 gallons of refer fuel along with my 16 gallons of truck diesel, all for my 26.5 gallon fuel tank. I don't have a refer. It took several weeks to get that straightened out, and I shudder to think how long it would take if I didn't even know about it in the first place.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Message from Becky Kennedy, Director of admin:

Thank you for your comments in regard to our efforts to Go Green. Fleet Vision has been available for quite a while now and we have many owners tell us how convenient it is and how much they like using it and having it available to look at daily. The decision was made to move toward this goal of going paperless in regard to settlement sheets due to the amount of paper that is being used weekly as well as the time it takes to match it all up every week. I would like to thank Turtle for sharing his knowledge with us. (we learned something today too!) Using the Print button in FV and printing to an XPS file does work, we will look at all of the other options that may be available or we may have to ask for some additional options in order to accommodate everyone. The first memo you are all speaking of was sent out to generate conversation, questions, and comments giving us two months to make sure that we are addressing any issues that would arise from this. The one item that will be addressed in the next memo is the backup, fuel charges, comcheck copies, etc. Those items will still be sent out the same way they are now based on owner preference. We currently email, mail and leave here for pick up. Of course our preference would be email but we are taking baby steps in this transition. The admin staff is prepared to help anyone that needs further training or help on the Fleet Vision system. Cindy Daniels, Terri Pett and myself are available for any questions, comments, or help in this transition. We can be reached at the Taylor terminal on extensions 1904, 1905, and 1901 respectively. Please feel free to call and discuss with us. Thank you

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Currently I just transfer the emailed pay sheets to a settlement folder in my email...will I still be able to do this?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Currently I just transfer the emailed pay sheets to a settlement folder in my email...will I still be able to do this?
Not really, because the email folder is emails, not PDF files that have been printed or saved to your hard drive. You should actually save the email attachment to a file on the hard drive, say in a folder called Settlements. Just moving the email to another folder inside your email is putting a lot of trust in your email provider to keep all those attachments safe and secure, and available. In any case, when you "print" the settlements from Fleetvision to a PDF (or XPS document), you'll need to save that into a a folder on the hard drive. Or, email it to yourself and then proceed as usual.

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
I would just be happy to go through a period where they remember (Actually I think it is Wright Bros fuel card people that forget to send L-1 my fuel purchase data) to take my fuel purchases out of my check, instead of having to play catch up on what they forgot to do. Ever since the gas fuel card was changed from Fleet One to this new one awhile ago, it has been a challenge to get it running smoothly. I mean, If I have a load from Laredo to Detroit, but there is no gas usage being shown, there may be a problem, unless I was able to have my van be flown by a stork or something...lol...My motto, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Fleetvision worked perfectly when I had it.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well we weren't happy about the fuel card change. Fleet One got bought by WEX. They changed stuff. Wasn't our wish. Why don't you still have fleetvision.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
So, wait, what? Does my fuel card no longer work? It worked on Monday. Do I need to get a new one?

guido4475

Not a Member
So, wait, what? Does my fuel card no longer work? It worked on Monday. Do I need to get a new one?

Please notice in my post where I said "Gas fuel card was changed". Yours is fine, or should I say, all diesels, from what I know.

guido4475

Not a Member
Well we weren't happy about the fuel card change. Fleet One got bought by WEX. They changed stuff. Wasn't our wish. Why don't you still have fleetvision.

Uhhh...The last time I checked, I have fleetvision, at least that is what I have been using to get my load info from when I have the laptop running, and to check my service status from time to time..That's about all I have used it for, to the best of my knowledge...However, I can't seem to get it to work on my phone, as well as the Gold rewards program...But they work on my laptop fine...

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
You said in your original post Fleetvision worked when you "had" it. That is why I was confused.

guido4475

Not a Member
Guess I'll have to wait for the Ford Transit Diesel after all :rolleyes:

I'll be honest here, from what I have heard diesel van drivers say, there is usually a wait at the big truck fuel islands to be able to fuel up their van/sprinters. I look over and can always see a line to any of the pumps, coupled by the drivers who do not pull forward after fueling, to take a shower, eat, poop, etc, while still being parked at the fuel islands. Plus, the sometimes diesel fuel saturated window squeegee is always a treat, along with the spllied fuel at the pumps, and the handles being sometimes coated with it as well. Give me a gasser anyday. Plus, the eye candy is so much more attractive on the gas side.....lol...

divadriver01

Expert Expediter

Did I also miss something? I have been down for almost 3 weeks so....??? Does my fleet one still work?

Sent from my SCH-S968C using EO Forums mobile app

guido4475

Not a Member
Did I also miss something? I have been down for almost 3 weeks so....??? Does my fleet one still work?

Sent from my SCH-S968C using EO Forums mobile app

Yes it is most likely working as it was in the past....this is about the gas card.....and the transition of it from when we used Fleetone for gas purchases and how it changed to Wright Bros fuel card...Please carry on as scheduled.....lol....

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I get diesel more at the front pumps than in back but I do use both.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC123

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I usually get fuel out at the big truck pumps. Sometimes the wait can be a pain, but it generally isn't much of a wait. And at 60 gallon per minute, it doesn't take very long to fill up the tank.