Getting my DAC Report

mstephensr

Seasoned Expediter
Does anyone know how I can get a copy of my DAC report myself? I was told the other day that my MVR report would show the same things as my DAC. Is this true? It doesn't make since to me that my work history and such would be on my MVR. Someone please let me know. Also how can a company verify my employment if the company I worked for went out of business?

dcalien

Seasoned Expediter
I got my Dac report a few months ago, and it is not the same info as MVR.

I don't remember where I got it, though I found it through a google search. Just type it in, and you will find it.

You can get one free per year from the site, and I also got my medical records, criminal background check, and something else I cannot remember from them for free.

Takes awhile for them to get it to you though.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
It really depends if you want to dispute something on your DAC or not. If you don't then getting it from an online source would be ok. If you do want to dispute something that is on the report DAC will only talk to you about it if you have gotten a report through them. Otherwise they say it's hearsay. Like when I had an abondenment on my DAC and three recruiters from 3 large OTR companies said they couldn't hire me it was hearsay. I got turned down by Swift for crying out loud.

What ya gotta do is call DAC (can't remeber the number I do know they are out of Tulsa,OK) to get the address of where to send the request. Basiclly what you have to write is I, John Doe, request a copy of my DAC report. My social security number is 123-45-6789. Then sign and date it. Here is the important part. Don't forget this. When you mail it don't just put a stamp on it and stick it in your home mail box. Take it to the post office and get delivery confirmation on that bad boy. The reason you do this is because they have 30 days from the day they sign for that to get you your report. Any correspondence with DAC whether it be a letter or evidence send it delivery confirmation. That way if 30 days comes along and you haven't gotten a response you have that. I'm not sure what happens that's just what the lady at OOIDA told me, and she dealt with it everyday.

If there is something on your DAC that isn't right I'd call the company that reported it and talk to them because it may just be a mistake. With my abondenment the owner told Panther I left his truck at a truckstop somewhere and he had to go get it. Truthfully he was just mad I quit. I talked to the Saftey Supervisor at Panther and sent him my logs and a copy of my one way plane ticket home and he had it taken off. Whenever you turn in a truck type up some kind of paper saying you returned truck# - plate - to whoever and have them sign it. CYA. Also be sure to return it clean. Inside and out. Then take pictures off the truck. When I returned my last truck I had my wife take a picture of me and the truck with the company office and sign in the background and the picture has a date on the bottom which is the day I returned it. I'll only get burned once by the same thing.

If the company you drove for reported to DAC then a record of your employment should be there. Some crazy things about DAC include the fact that a carrier can put something on there without proof, but you need proof to remove it. Also if you say bump something with a trailer and put a scratch on the trailer, but it's not really any big monetary damage it can still go on your DAC as an accident. Even though there are no police reports or anything to back this stuff up it can still be there. Sorry for getting long winded. Good luck with those rascals.