Generators Generator?

wandtl

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ok so after about 3 years our ryobi generator is well worn. Home depo said they can rebuild it under warranty though we would be without one. We run a 6k btu a/c and charger when sitting. Ryobi does it fine in eco mode. Saw a generator on sale for 449.00 though I seen no mention of it in the archive. So question is anyone tried a home lite inverter generator? The reviews seem good and it's 180 off right now.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Never tried that gen but just some info. If you read reviews ryobi seems to have a parts problem. It took me two months to get the pull cord assembly replaced. Question if the ryobi worked that well for you why not another one. Buy one get the other repaired and keep it as a spare?

Last edited:

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Get it fixed under warranty buy a new one
Use it until you get yours back and then sell it to us at a greatly reduced price

wandtl

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
I apologize I don't frequent the forums. I bought the homelite for 449. So far very happy with it. It runs at night 12 hours running ac and charger. Plus side there is still visible fuel in it. I gave the ryobi to my parents as their generator went out. Gave them the receipt so they can fix it if they choose. I know he has been using it trimming trees with his electric chain saw.

Reactions: ntimevan