Front passenger seat removed!

BiggMaNN59

Active Expediter
I took out my passenger seat in my 2014 promaster to make more room. Now airbag light is on. I don't want to delay my start anylonger so it is okay to have looked at when I get it serviced?

drifter

Expert Expediter
Ah mine is a promaster...just tape it up the light will burn and when start up it will say service air bag...just ignore you are fine

Reactions: Murraycroexp

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
I am told Chrysler will not provide techs with the programming to eliminate the light. One of my Promasters has two seats so when I wanted to remove the passenger seat, I asked the dealer to help me convince Chrysler to allow the reprogramming but no... the response was that for legal exposure reasons, Chrysler will not modify the original seating configuration / programming, even though I was able to order all of my other new Promasters without the passenger seat,,, and no warning light comes on as a result. If you want the passenger seat out of a Promaster, I've been told you must order it that way new or the warning light will remain lit.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A simple on off switch controlled by the key should have been implemented like on gm vans.