Ford Vs Ram

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Someone should explain to them about standing immediately beside the recording device if you want the audio to be captured, especially when it's too windy and you should be recording audio indoors as a separate track. Not bad otherwise.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No strap yet but I like the idea. A strap or maybe a decent handle located further back on the door.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
No strap yet but I like the idea. A strap or maybe a decent handle located further back on the door.
as far as doors we used old seatbelt material.....measured the stop distance...1 bolt in the wheel well area (out of sight) and 1 in the door...it was like a 6in length....did the job just fine and was easy to maintain when material wore out....

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Suprising with the Ford. As someone who drives a Dodge, the problem is the body disintegrating into rust and the transmission failing every 100,000 I'd rather have a tailgate that didn't open...

Reactions: Treadmill

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Suprising with the Ford. As someone who drives a Dodge, the problem is the body disintegrating into rust and the transmission failing every 100,000 I'd rather have a tailgate that didn't open...
You must have one of them Canadian trucks from Brampton....LOL

Our Dodge Ram pick up was assembled in Detroit....notice "Assembled".....parts from around the globe...
2012 and not a speck of rust....!

ysracer

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
What can't flex sometimes cracks. Buildings flex, bridges flex, big trucks that go off-road flex. Not smart enough to know if Ford does it that way intentionally. That scenario is not very likely in use, at any rate.

On the other hand, no flex is a big plus for suspension tuning, feel, etc..

Reactions: Moot and scottm4211

tknight

Veteran Expediter
My RAM pickup is the best riding, most awesome truck I've had... and I've owned Fords and Chevy too!
I agree on the ride but the Dana front ends on the 4wd is junk I need new u joints every 40 k in the front end and I hardly just the 4wd. Pure crap can't handle the weight of the cummins !