For Fleet Owners

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
About a year ago I was expecting this guy to show up for orientation, in order to drive one of my trucks. He never showed up, sending me an email about a week later with an excuse good enough for first graders. Then weeks later he asked me for a second chance, which even if I didn't trust this guy anymore, I said "what it'll be, it'll be". It's been another "no show". Few weeks ago the same guy saw my ad here on EO and sends me this message: "hi,this is XXX in XXX,i think i have spoken with you before about driving your van,and XXX approved me for orientation,but due to some domestic issues,i wasnt able to go,but all is well now,and i need to get back out on the road where my personality is a better fit,and not have to deal with the b/s with the local work.i am willing to pay all the expenses for orientation up front including any fees associated with all-state,to show my sincere intentions to expedite for you and all-state. if you can work with me again,i am available asap,and can be contacted anytime. thank you". I talked to the recruiter about him and I learned that he did the same thing to at least another two fleet owners. Yet, since I had no other driver ready to come for orientation, having nothing to lose out of this, I gave him my OK. Of course he never showed up this morning for the orientation, and guess what. he lives just few miles away from the carrier. If any fleet owner wants to know who he is, contact me privately.

Reactions: brokcanadian

ATeam

Retired Expediter
...I talked to the recruiter about him and I learned that he did the same thing to at least another two fleet owners. Yet, since I had no other driver ready to come for orientation, having nothing to lose out of this, I gave him my OK....

You are willing to put a consistently unreliable person on the road in a van you own and you have nothing to lose? What about the van itself? You have that to lose do you not? What about the time and expense of getting an unreliable driver out and a better driver in? Do you not have that time and money to lose as well?

This man did you a favor by not showing up. I'd keep it that way if I was in your shoes.

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This man did you a favor by not showing up. I'd keep it that way if I was in your shoes.

I knew he's not coming. He messed it up too many times with too many fleet owners. And I'm sure he's reading this thread...