FL70, 3126 muffler

jcross

Seasoned Expediter
I need to replace my muffler on my '98 FL70 with a 3126. My current one has holes in it. Anyway, I called Freightliner and they want $328 for it?

Whats special about that muffler and why couldn't I replace it with something from someplace like Ryder Fleet products with the same dimensions?

Thanks in advance.....

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Any truck parts place will have them but check out truckpipes.com just to see if they have one.

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
When I replaced the muffler on my Cummins a few months back it was just under 300. So your price doesnt seem to far off. However my experiance is so great with muffler prices.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
pittsburghpower.com pittsburgh power freeflow muffler approx. 185.00 shipped to you and better fuel mileage and power to boot. probably get it installed and still be under the 300.00 you would pay for that back pressure laden frtlnr. muffler.

Deville

Not a Member
I'm bumping this thread I need an exhaust from the turbo back for a 3126 cat.
I have no idea where to start looking or how much it's going to be.I looked at the 2 sites in this thread & I was lost. I need HELP!

Rikk

Expert Expediter
I need to replace my muffler on my '98 FL70 with a 3126. My current one has holes in it. Anyway, I called Freightliner and they want $328 for it?

Whats special about that muffler and why couldn't I replace it with something from someplace like Ryder Fleet products with the same dimensions?

Thanks in advance.....

I had an fl90 3 or 4 years ago, the waist gate on the turbo was locked open. Found one using a cat dealer and was around $800.00.

Another idea is that truck parts place in KY, can't remember the name but some one can chime in and give it to us.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
You can call Rim and Wheel as they carry a lot of after market parts for trucks. This place has a few locations and will ship to you also. Here is there website with the suppliers they use, but its best to just call them.
Rim and Wheel Service

Last edited: