Finally...I75 in Mi gets a makeover....at Ohio state line

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Beginning Tuesday, the Michigan Department of Transportation will begin to patch a 20-mile stretch of Interstate 75 in Monroe County.The work zone will stretch from the state line north to Interstate 275, with motorists encountering single lane closures during the week and double lane closures at night and on weekends.
The first area to be repaired will be northbound I-75 near the state line before switching to the southbound lanes.
As part of the job, there will be four weekends with double lane closures slated from 8 p.m. Friday until 6 a.m. the following Monday.
Night time double lane closures will be in place between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. the following day during the week.
This project wraps up at the end of October.

mzraik

Active Expediter
After this road fix, I can drive in the middle lane rather than the far left. The other MI drivers will be so happy they can go 90 in the hammer lane without my van (going the speed limit) being in their way. I normally don't use the far left lane except to pass, but on this stretch of road, I must use the left or the freight I haul will be a pile of parts by the time I reach Ohio!

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
This is headlines news...Finnally some good news. Long over due
Hope it gets done right and not like the repairs of a few years ago when they Milled and section repaired the road..A good amount of the sections have since sunk and in a few cases by several inches