Few Cargo Van jobs requires CDL license-- What is best way to get CDL license?

lost_00

Active Expediter
I have part time job but it is not steady enough for my family and I to survive. Looking for more information of the best way to earn my CDL license and the good way of getting steady & full time job.

Can anyone give me tips?

Thanks.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Don't buy a van, you will continue to starve. Ask your county's jobs office about assistance with CDL training.

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
the easiest way to get a cdl is go down to the local dmv and get a cdl book and thumb the pages of it a couple times sit down and take the knowledge test and walk out with your cdl. most states don't require a drive test for a van. if you want a class a or b you will have a drive test. but you can get a learners permit once you pas the core skills and airbrake. that will let you drive with another cdl holder then when your comfortable and think your a trucker go back and show them you know how to do a pre-trip and take a drive test.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
With my glasses I have 20/20.

Then git'r done. Also stop by the DMV for a CDL learner's manual.

Come to think of it, you're with Tri State? You should already have a medical card. One step already done. Get that CDL, get out of that van and into a bigger truck. One less van for me to compete against, and you will earn more $$. Win-win for both of us :)

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
the easiest way to get a cdl is go down to the local dmv and get a cdl book and thumb the pages of it a couple times sit down and take the knowledge test and walk out with your cdl. most states don't require a drive test for a van.

What about those states that won't issue a CDL-C without endorsements (haz or pass)? Does that make things more difficult?
FWIW, PA does issue naked class C's, ie without endorsements.