February Locations and Banter

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Speaking of Elogs. As you all know my truck has been in the shop, which I just picked up on Thursday FIXED :) However, when I picked it up come to find out they were test driving it on Wednesday and it activated the Elogs. By the time I picked it up it had showed I was on duty for over 26 hours. So therefore driving it home it would have looked to an outsider I was driving illegal. Is there a way to keep this from happening in the future when in the shop?

Oh, not in service yet as my daughter is getting married next week in Virginia Beach so didn't go back for just a day or 2. My luck I would have been sent to Alabama or somewhere and have to DH back to Michigan to take the rest of the family next week. Chomping at the bit to get running again however. :)

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Speaking of Elogs. As you all know my truck has been in the shop, which I just picked up on Thursday FIXED :) However, when I picked it up come to find out they were test driving it on Wednesday and it activated the Elogs. By the time I picked it up it had showed I was on duty for over 26 hours. So therefore driving it home it would have looked to an outsider I was driving illegal. Is there a way to keep this from happening in the future when in the shop?

Oh, not in service yet as my daughter is getting married next week in Virginia Beach so didn't go back for just a day or 2. My luck I would have been sent to Alabama or somewhere and have to DH back to Michigan to take the rest of the family next week. Chomping at the bit to get running again however. :)

Good question. I know you can contact safety and they can edit in situations like that. Might want to call Matt and ask him about it. Now I am sure a lot of people on here know the system better then me so they might have an answer and can chime in.

BTW, was it the trans ecm? Where did you end up finding the part?

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Good question. I know you can contact safety and they can edit in situations like that. Might want to call Matt and ask him about it. Now I am sure a lot of people on here know the system better then me so they might have an answer and can chime in.

BTW, was it the trans ecm? Where did you end up finding the part?
Final update on trans. To make a long story short. It was not the ECM, which they never did find, but it was the original diagnosis of the clutch. Even thou it wasn't too warn the engineers at Mercedes said to replace it anyway as other parts, like springs, can go bad and you can't tell by the naked eye. So new clutch and new clutch actuator seemed to solve the problem.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Another day.....ahhhh no actually just getting a haircut and running some errands. LOL. No planes today! Well tomorrow early flight...

guido4475

Not a Member
Final update on trans. To make a long story short. It was not the ECM, which they never did find, but it was the original diagnosis of the clutch. Even thou it wasn't too warn the engineers at Mercedes said to replace it anyway as other parts, like springs, can go bad and you can't tell by the naked eye. So new clutch and new clutch actuator seemed to solve the problem.

Glad to hear they figured it out. Wasn't there a part in the original diagnosis that was supposedly bad that no one could find a replacement for? My thoughts are, if that part does eventually go, and it cannot be found now,than what?...while it is running, would it be wise, if feasible, to get rid of the truck for one that may not have this particular parts availability problem? Just a thought.

cherokee727

Expert Expediter
Do to the fact that
A. This is a public forum,
B because anytime I say anything negative I get pms about posting in public and
C. A lot of people already interested. I have made a closed Facebook group for us load one people.
It is: Load one drivers, employees and family.

Please feel free to join in. Please read the description for rules. Thanks!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I personally don't have a problem with negative posts. As long as they are accurate and constructive and tell the whole story. Sometimes people will rant and responding is just not something that I would want to do in any forum. Some things are private and should be that way. For instance I have had post with people complaining about waiting for hours to get unloaded at a customer. I bite my tongue as I won't respond "well being late and missing your spot for no reason could be the cause" LOL. But again I would not single someone out like that in a forum. Some things simply don't belong in public posts. In my opinion.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
And it is another day.....so once again getting ready to taxi out to the runway. Off with some of our sales team to the air cargo show where Load One has a booth. Hope you are all having a good weekend. Be careful some slick weather spots out there. Detroit was supposed to get a few inches but looks like we got lucky and it missed us and chose Ohio. LOL

cherokee727

Expert Expediter
I personally don't have a problem with negative posts. As long as they are accurate and constructive and tell the whole story. Sometimes people will rant and responding is just not something that I would want to do in any forum. Some things are private and should be that way. For instance I have had post with people complaining about waiting for hours to get unloaded at a customer. I bite my tongue as I won't respond "well being late and missing your spot for no reason could be the cause" LOL. But again I would not single someone out like that in a forum. Some things simply don't belong in public posts. In my opinion.

I do agree. The fun banter in the forum is good. But complaining is better in private so hopefully group will help cut down on that.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well I agree, but it is still a group forum so even if it is closed to only our crew I still don't like responding sometimes to certain posts. I just don't think it is appropriate for me to call people out even when they are complaining about something that they maybe shouldnt be. But I am a high road guy.

And yes, this is a new month and once again I am in the wrong thread, lol. As some would say...welcome to Mach?