February in Load 1 Nation

Rick007

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
Thats exciting news John! Been in the Ft Wayne, In area since Friday......sure would like a load out!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Some bad weather in Detroit today. 4 to 8 inches and slippery stay safe!

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Congrats Eddie, thats great !!!! Not as long as yours but we celebrated 20 years last Thursday. Makes you think how time passes at what seems to be a very fast pace until you stop and think of all the things you have shared !!!

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Shoveled the sidewalks much to my disdain. And that's all I'm doing. With temps of 43-47f this weekend, I don't expect this white mess to be around long.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's cold here. 39 degrees. I'm home. Need some work done on the van (front anti swaybar bushings and links, and some other minor stuff) but the place that's doing it can't get me int he building, so it has to be done old school outside. It's going to be in the 60s next week, tho.

The other day coming out of Los Indios I pulled into the Border Patrol Checkpoint. As I eased up to the Border Dood, another one was taking the dog sniffing around the van. No problem. Border Dood didn't ask me my country of citizenship, which I though was odd.

Border Dood - "Is anyone in the truck with you?"

Me - "No."

He paused for a second, looked back at K-9 Dood, and then turned to me and asked...

"What do you have in the back?"

Me - "I don't know."

Border Dood - "You don't know what you're carrying?"

Me - "It's stuff in boxes shrink wrapped to skids." I pulled out the BOL and said, "I can give you part numbers if you like."

Border Dood - "How do you know the boxes aren't full of drugs?"

Me, pointing towards the rear of the van - "Your dog told me that."

He busted out laughing and told me to have a nice day. :D

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Yeah cold here in KY! After the del, filled up the van and the extended gas can for the generator. The old espar is going to be working tonight. It's going to be a long warm night. LOL