February in Load 1 Nation

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
Bahahaahaha my ford's brakes cost me $350 for parts and another $150 for labor...where as my old sprinter you couldn't get the front brake kit for less than $300 online and the dealership I mean stealerships wanted $1800 for the front brakes parts and labor.
Who takes a sprinter to a dealership for a brake job? One of the easiest trucks I ever had to do a brake job on. If you can't do them yourself any mom and pop repair shop could handle the job for a fraction of that 1800$

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Brakes at a Freightliner are really only $300. The extra $1500 is for taxes and shop supplies.
4a8ee068bda2894921421a43ff13b194.jpg

Actually, $1300 is for the Emergency Brake Deployment System or EBS.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Who takes a sprinter to a dealership for a brake job? One of the easiest trucks I ever had to do a brake job on. If you can't do them yourself any mom and pop repair shop could handle the job for a fraction of that 1800$
This was back in 2007 when I had a brand new v6 sprinter.....new criter so had to go to a dealer because my regular mechanic took one look and said hellllllllllll no.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Wow. 44 DH to Pasadena, TX, then 1086 loaded miles to Romeoville, IL for $758. 2200 pounds, 24 hours.

"Well, that's just what cargo van freight is like getting out of Texas now."

"I just had one last week from Minneapolis to Chattanooga at the same exact rate, so I'm not sure what Texas has to do with it. But, that's 20 hours behind the wheel, plus an hour for fuel, leaving just a 3 hour cushion for Houston rush hour traffic, road construction and squeezing in some sleep along the way. And at more than 2000 pounds. That's a lot to ask for 69 cents. Thanks, but no."

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Wow. 44 DH to Pasadena, TX, then 1086 loaded miles to Romeoville, IL for $758. 2200 pounds, 24 hours.

"I just had one last week from Minneapolis to Chattanooga at the same exact rate, so I'm not sure what Texas has to do with it. But, that's 20 hours behind the wheel, plus an hour for fuel, leaving just a 3 hour cushion for Houston rush hour traffic, road construction and squeezing in some sleep along the way. And at more than 2000 pounds. That's a lot to ask for 69 cents. Thanks, but no."

That is scraping the bottom, that's for sure.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Bahahaahaha my ford's brakes cost me $350 for parts and another $150 for labor...where as my old sprinter you couldn't get the front brake kit for less than $300 online and the dealership I mean stealerships wanted $1800 for the front brakes parts and labor.
I just had pads and rotors all the way around for under 800 total. No one is forced to use a dealer.

Reactions: Turtle

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
It was a load they already had when they called me. Hopefully they got it covered. I'm sure somebody out there with no lettering on their doors will be thrilled to "get out of Texas" at that rate.
That rate, under those circumstances is insane. smh!

flattop40

Expert Expediter

And this is why I moved up to straight trucks 2 1/2 years ago. The market was flooded then in the van/sprinters. Can't imagine what it's like now.