Express 1 Pickup truck!

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I saw this Express 1 truck at the TA in Ontario, CA last week.
I didn't know they ran this type of vehicle.

Sent from my PG06100 using EO Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1340015346163.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1340015346163.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 202

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
I have seen some expedited pick up trucks before haven't seen any recent. For sure a different set up would like to know more details on it

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I saw this Express 1 truck at the TA in Ontario, CA last week.
I didn't know they ran this type of vehicle.

Sent from my PG06100 using EO Forums

Yep, those Gals have been around a long time. This is at least their second truck.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Yeah I heard about them from the recruiters. I was jokingly asking them if they'd put this F350 on that my mom bought lol.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByEO Forums1340047957.585072.jpg
    ImageUploadedByEO Forums1340047957.585072.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 99

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
That reminds me of the fleet CTX had in the early 90's...but who can remember in the late 80's and up to 1993 when Roberts Express (FedEx CC) had a few station-wagons?

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
That reminds me of the fleet CTX had in the early 90's...but who can remember in the late 80's and up to 1993 when Roberts Express (FedEx CC) had a few station-wagons?

What about the little red house on Arlington Lawrence? Do you remember that?

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
Thats awesome. Like to get a older model f250-350 2003 to 2007 . Get 28+ per gallon. And they are tanks

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I saw them at least 7 years ago, maybe 8, but don't recall where it was now. They were using a different pickup then and as I recall it was pretty long in the tooth so this may be the third pickup to carry that unit.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think they have a couple good size dogs in there too.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Ya know....I've often wondered if the major Expediting Companies would allow these or not..........

Maranda V-370 Series Truck Capsules

I'm a CUMMINS Turbo Diesel Fan through and through....and would love to throw one of these things on the back of a 4dr SRW Dodge Ram CTD "Pickup" Truck if I ever give Expediting a try. I feel "Safer" behind the wheel of a Pickup truck that I do when I'm behind the wheel of a "Van". There's a lot more room in front of you to absorb the impact of a wreck when you're in a Pickup Truck. Self Maintenance is easier. You're in your own little working space / office seperated from the cargo itself....etc.

Any Idea if any Expediting Company would allow a set-up like this? Not that I'm thinking about doing it......just giving others ideas too. Know what I mean.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
It looks to be the same concept as the express1 truck Brisco so I would imagine so.

Mayfield Express

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It appears the V370 would give at least as much cargo space as a regular van, carrying two skids, and maybe some added height capability to boot. The "attic" above the truck cab could hold one's clothes etc. leaving the entire cargo area for cargo. Put into a one ton chassis it would have plenty of capacity and I suppose mpg similar to a van. Most carriers probably wouldn't touch it though since it isn't "the way they done done it furever".

Jason2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've been down for a while again but back in 2006 when I got started I had an f-250 with a custom built shell on it.Every one I talked to said they wouldn't try it because it was a truck but when I talked to another member here I had no problem running freight with it.I run alot of Panther and Fedex freight but they wouldnt talk to me.

The Cat recruiter hung up on me
Bolt cut me short when I told them what I was wanting to run, said it wouldn't work,it had to be a van.But my rear doors swung out and they were around 58'' tall by 62'' wide at 8' 4'' long.I'm close on mearsurements.

Yea it should work if you can find a company would let you run it.And still got the shell if any one is interested.The truck in the avatar is it.