Expediting Companies with their own Fleet Straight Trucks

Ernest1982

Active Expediter
Are there expediting companies or even non-expediting companies with their own fleets of straight trucks?

My second questions is do they hire students out of school like some companies with tractors and trailers do (swift, schneider, CR England, Pam, Warner, etc.) ?

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
The only one that I am familiar with is Barret Directline out of Arkansas. Steve Barrett is a SUPER great guy.

Ernest1982

Active Expediter
Wow .... no one else? So how do you get "expediting" experience if all the expediting companies want drivers with "expediting" experience?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Wow .... no one else? So how do you get "expediting" experience if all the expediting companies want drivers with "expediting" experience?

You call carriers that fit you way of doing business and ask if they have any Fleet Owners that have any "open seats" in a ST...then contact those Fleet Owners and see if they will contract with you...or, buy your own truck...

Ernest1982

Active Expediter
You call carriers that fit you way of doing business and ask if they have any Fleet Owners that have any "open seats" in a ST...then contact those Fleet Owners and see if they will contract with you...or, buy your own truck...

Thanks I will try that ....

also ... if i have my own truck and my CDL but no experience in expediting will most companies deal with me?

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Thanks I will try that ....

also ... if i have my own truck and my CDL but no experience in expediting will most companies deal with me?

Some will, some wont. My advice, make a list...numbered in preference. Start calling from the top and find out.

turritrans

Expert Expediter
Your best bet are self insured carriers that may be able to place you with a fleet owner. Insurance requirements typically require you to have some verifiable experience.