Expediter Types

ATeam

Retired Expediter
In another thread, The Enemy used the term Butterfly to describe an expediter who moves from company to company without doing homework. That got me to thinking about other terms. Can you add any more?

Butterfly: An expediter who moves from company to company without doing homework. Also known as a job jumper.

Vanner: An expediter who operates a cargo van.

Newbie: An expediter who has been in the business less than one year.

Wannabee: A person who intends to become an expediter but has not yet entered the business.

Fleet Owner: An expediter who owns one or more trucks and contracts with people to drive them. May also be referred to as a driver or owner-operator depending on circumstances.

Driver: An expediter who drives a fleet-owner's truck.

Owner-Operator: An expediter who owns and operates one's own truck. Also referred to as a driver in casual conversation.

Flasher: An expediter who enters the business, makes a lot of talk, and soon disappears with nothing said.

Hobby Expediter: An expediter who has income from some other source and is not in the business for the money but for something to do or to see the country.

White Glove Professional: An expediter who has been in the business more than a year, has not dropped anything important and still has all fingers and toes (or at least as many as one started with).

Wife: The female half of a husband-wife expediting team. Also known as She Who Must be Obeyed.

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The ever popular.."Cherry Picker" Only accepts the good loads.

The Cheer Leader...self explanatory...

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Hendrix. Also known as a white arrow.

Steering Wheel Holder (Wheel Holder): An expediter who is able to drive a truck but fails to grasp important business and safety concepts.

Last edited:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I have been dubbed a "tweener"...because my truck is bigger then a cv/sprinter but not as big as a ST..but i get those smaller ST loads from our dispatch...works for me...:)

And i have also been called alot of other things, most not suitable for posting here, but don't call me "later to eat"....:)

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Dipstick: a wannabe who enters expediting without proper research and fails then blames the industry or the carrier or both.

Posted with my iPhone EO Forum App

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've been labelled as a "Long runner" by dispatch. The ability to run long loads and not whimp out....I have more problems with short runs...go figure...

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The Paul Harvey.

They tell you how terrible they are doing and how their company stinks, Then you get "the rest of the story" and they begin to tell you about the 3 loads they turned down this week, how they like to be home on the weekends, how they stand up for themselves and tore in to dispatch and on and on..

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The Paul Harvey.

They tell you how terrible they are doing and how their company stinks, Then you get "the rest of the story" and they begin to tell you about the 3 loads they turned down this week, how they like to be home on the weekends, how they stand up for themselves and tore in to dispatch and on and on..

also could be referred to as the:

Self-destructable...:rolleyes:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
The Paul Harvey.

You mean "carrier cry-babies"?:D
They come in assorted colors as well.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Moron: See Vanner

Zombie: Driver who sits in the driver's seat staring out the windshield for hours at a time while parked at a truck stop.

Homing Pigeon: One who will deadhead home from anywhere at any time for no apparent reason.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Moron: See Vanner

Zombie: Driver who sits in the driver's seat staring out the windshield for hours at a time while parked at a truck stop.

Homing Pigeon: One who will deadhead home from anywhere at any time for no apparent reason.

Zombie, I like that one. I could never figure out what those people are looking for.:rolleyes:

jansiemoo

Seasoned Expediter
Hendrix. Also known as a white arrow.

I have never heard that term used...::confused::
Coincidentally, just yesterday "white arrow" came up on a favorite blog of mine. It is for this reason I now know to NOT SEARCH GOOGLE IMAGES FOR WHITE ARROW.
I will save you from the horrors that await. Really, don't.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have never heard that term used...::confused::
Coincidentally, just yesterday "white arrow" came up on a favorite blog of mine. It is for this reason I now know to NOT SEARCH GOOGLE IMAGES FOR WHITE ARROW.
I will save you from the horrors that await. Really, don't.

WOW!!!

I should have listened.

:eek::eek::eek:

jj214

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
The BeeSessers. Tells you about the time he told the trooper "if you're going to write a ticket, get going, I got places to go.
Has had numerous dispatchers fired
Has told the shipper to get moving or I will
I had to stop hanging around the truck stops to avoid this type.
Maybe I just look gullible.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I have been dubbed a "tweener"...because my truck is bigger then a cv/sprinter but not as big as a ST..but i get those smaller ST loads from our dispatch...works for me...:)

And i have also been called alot of other things, most not suitable for posting here, but don't call me "later to eat"....:)

lol, since so many people have called you a hobby expediter, we're going to have to build a glass bottle around your truck! Make it look like you are a hobby boat/truck builder and painter.