Espar Reliablity Pros Or Cons

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just removed/deinstalled a espar d2 out of Sprinter before I sold it yesterday and I think installing this heater looks pretty simple. Lowering the fuel tank looks like the difficult part everything else looks like a couple hours. I might try and do this on my own if I have the extra time.

I wish someone made a affordable auxiliary fuel tank for the Sprinter, would really help the install be less complicated.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just removed/deinstalled a espar d2 out of Sprinter before I sold it yesterday and I think installing this heater looks pretty simple. Lowering the fuel tank looks like the difficult part everything else looks like a couple hours. I might try and do this on my own if I have the extra time.

I wish someone made a affordable auxiliary fuel tank for the Sprinter, would really help the install be less complicated.
My 2012 sprinter has an aux line off the fuel tank. No need to drop tank. Your sprinter should have one also.

Reactions: T270_Dreamin

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I once met a guy with a cube van. He ran a Webasto diesel fired heater with a separate fuel tank along the inside wall of the box. He had a filler tube that led to the outside for filling.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

My 2012 sprinter has an aux line off the fuel tank. No need to drop tank. Your sprinter should have one also.

2006 Sprinter didn't get one to my knowledge.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

2006 Sprinter didn't get one to my knowledge.
It may just be a threaded port with a plug.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
It has one. Usually the auxiliary heater is hooked to it. I would tee into that instead of drilling a new hole in the tank.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Reactions: DollarSign

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would have to check to see if I have a aux oem heater. My Sprinter is originally from Miami so it might have not been ordered with that option. Maybe call dealer with vin# tomorrow.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I would have to check to see if I have a aux oem heater. My Sprinter is originally from Miami so it might have not been ordered with that option. Maybe call dealer with vin# tomorrow.

Look in the front driver wheel well. If you see a tiny muffler there then you have it. Also you can see it if you open the hood and look under the driver side headlight.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you look in your left front wheel well there's a small muffler and exhaust as well there should be a switch (if I remember correctly) on the dash.