Espar of Michigan/espar parts

MikeDamone

Not a Member
Researching
Anyone ever have trouble getting ahold of these guys? I've left a phone message and sent an e-mail and no reply. This was 4-5 days ago.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ok, thanks. That makes sense. I guess ill check out Thermo king.
Espar of Mich. has a large inventory of parts. For example when my blower motor died a few yrs back, I went to thermo king to get replaced. TK had to call Espar headquarters for the part because they didn't stock d4 parts. Espar HQ didn't have part and it was on back order. Called Ray at Espar of Mi and he shipped one out that day and was back in business the next day. Plus it was a $100 cheaper than TK.

MikeDamone

Not a Member
Researching
Ok, thanks. That makes sense. I guess ill check out Thermo king.
Espar of Mich. has a large inventory of parts. For example when my blower motor died a few yrs back, I went to thermo king to get replaced. TK had to call Espar headquarters for the part because they didn't stock d4 parts. Espar HQ didn't have part and it was on back order. Called Ray at Espar of Mi and he shipped one out that day and was back in business the next day. Plus it was a $100 cheaper than TK.

Id like to go with Espar of Michigan. I was impressed by their website and hear great things about them, but if I cant even get a call back or an e-mail they're not leaving me any other option. I get that they're busy, but they cant even return an e-mail telling me they're busy?

Reactions: taleach

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I sent them a email and they never responded just go with thermo king or if you want to save money on install go to this place in ohio Northern Mobile Electric | Alternators, Starters, Generators, Batteries, Pressure Washers

the warranty is still good from Espar regardless of who installs it. I'm in the middle of a claim and hopefully get a new heater because fan and motor is bad and ecu can't be read on my d2. They tried to check the hours of use today but said they couldn't communicate with ecu.

You can also buy a d2 espar from Kenworth PA for $850 with install kit. Thermo King Chicago quoted me $750 for a d2 but they said thats the heater only. Gotta look into that.

Last edited:

schwanman

Expert Expediter
Anyone ever have trouble getting ahold of these guys? I've left a phone message and sent an e-mail and no reply. This was 4-5 days ago.
I tried calling and leaving messages also. I even went to their shop and was told I had to contact ray for an appointment? I finally gave up and went to thermo king.

Reactions: ntimevan

MikeDamone

Not a Member
Researching
I sent them a email and they never responded just go with thermo king or if you want to save money on install go to this place in ohio Northern Mobile Electric | Alternators, Starters, Generators, Batteries, Pressure Washers

the warranty is still good from Espar regardless of who installs it. I'm in the middle of a claim and hopefully get a new heater because fan and motor is bad and ecu can't be read on my d2. They tried to check the hours of use today but said they couldn't communicate with ecu.

You can also buy a d2 espar from Kenworth PA for $850 with install kit. Thermo King Chicago quoted me $750 for a d2 but they said thats the heater only. Gotta look into that.

Thanks T270, ill look into that place in Ohio.

Reactions: T270_Dreamin

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Spoke with the Folks at Espar of Michigan and they are very, very busy. Great customer service, products and support will make demand great sometimes. They value each one and will get back as soon as possible.

Reactions: Treadmill

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
I don't have one for the engine, but want one. Maybe on the next one. I know one driver that's got one for his engine, but it lasted for about a year.

I had a problem also with espar of michigan, I called and left messages and no return. It was very frustrating and it was last year when it happen. They were busy during that time, but I agree they should return your calls and or emails. You can't let business go out the door!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Business opportunity for someone?
The espar itself is of very easy design...and pretty much easy to work on.....someone could open a small shop and may make a living at it...with reasonable labour pricing...Parts there are more choices now and there is always dealing direct with Espar...Monroe to Toledo would be a pretty central area ....Heck a entreprising guy could work out of a Sprinter for a shop...and have little overhead...
a wrapped Sprinter for billboard one could always be mobile unit or stationary...