Espar diagnostics

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Am I able to check hours my epar has run with this controller?

Attachments

• WP_20170117_17_58_07_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170117_17_58_07_Pro.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 31

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Doesn't look like it has enough digits for anything but trouble codes but I really have no idea :D it would be news to me if I could use my 7 day timer to do the same thing...but I'd like to know too

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes hold in the top two buttons at the same time fore several seconds until it says da. Release and it will scan and display error codes. You can Google espar codes to find what they mean.

To clear codes hold the bottom two buttons in at the same time until you see it display something, I do not remember what. Sometimes clearing codes can allow the unit to work.

I suggest writing down error codes before clearing incase you need to go to a shop.

Do both of the above with the unit in the on mode

Reactions: scottm4211 and Moot

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes hold in the top two buttons at the same time fore several seconds until it says da. Release and it will scan and display error codes. You can Google espar codes to find what they mean.

To clear codes hold the bottom two buttons in at the same time until you see it display something, I do not remember what. Sometimes clearing codes can allow the unit to work.

I suggest writing down error codes before clearing incase you need to go to a shop.
Ok but hours run from da? Does the espar even track hours?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No just error codes that I am aware
I missed the hours part of the question.
Sorry Mr scott.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'd go with xiggi's suggestion. I was thinking press the button with the 3 snakes that have the triangle heads. Then swipe the snakes left toward the fan thing to chop off their heads and then press an up or down arrow to take out the trash.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think it's like 130 or so. They clean unit change filter I believe. Also the burn kerosene through it for 30 or 45 minutes, my understanding is it helps clean out the unit.