Big Truck EPA, NHTSA to hear from truckers at GATS, thanks to OOIDA

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
At the urging of OOIDA, representatives from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency will be on hand at the Great American Trucking Show next week in Dallas to hear directly from truckers about the latest federal proposal to regulate greenhouse gas emissions and fuel efficiency for heavy trucks.

Officials from EPA and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration will be available on Thursday afternoon, Aug. 27, from 2 to 4:30 p.m., at the OOIDA sponsored event to receive input from owner-operators and small-business truckers. The event is open to all.

The Great American Trucking Show takes place Aug. 27-29 at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center at 650 S. Griffin St., Dallas, TX 75202. The meeting will take place in room C-151 of the convention center.

“This is an opportunity for truckers to provide input on this important rulemaking, as it will determine new truck design, engineering, cost and reliability for years to come,” said OOIDA Director of Regulatory Affairs Scott Grenerth. “These proposed regulations would affect all new trucks starting in 2021 – company-owned equipment and trucks purchased by owner-operators alike.” - See more at: http://www.landlinemag.com/Story.aspx?StoryID=29645#.VdkamPZViko

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Maybe the water for a tank could be "recycled".
Could fill one with water from the Animas River.

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
...or with our Microcystin (liver toxin) Algal Bloom filled Western Lake Erie Basin Water!

ExFedEx

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Owner/Operator
"Officials from EPA and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration will be available on Thursday afternoon, Aug. 27, from 2 to 4:30 p.m., at the OOIDA sponsored event to receive input from owner-operators and small-business truckers. The event is open to all."

Oh I'll be there, yes I will!! I'll make sure I'm out of service to attend this highly impotent meeting about greenhouse gases and the future of the trucking industry in the 2.5 hour time frame window to debate with a bunch of greenhouse gas liberals! And then they'll turn it around and say that no one attended, so no one from the trucking industry cares.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Oh I'll be there
Before you make arrangement to attend, just keep in mind that this thread is talking about dates that occurred in August of 2015. There will be another GATS this year, from the 25th-27th of August.