Engineers close I-65 NB near Lafayette again

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
This is Northbound only that is closed .....

http://wlfi.com/2015/08/07/nb-i-65-near-lafayette-closed-again-for-bridge-issue/

11902276_968641859863009_1720033074585484224_n.png

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They've been doing this quite a bit lately. One thought: When I've taken I-74 to Indiana 63 and then US-41, no way am I swinging back to I-65. I'll stick with US 41 at least until US 30, if not right up to I-80-94. It's stupid to add all those miles for no reason.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
They now expect to have that bridge open by mid-September, end of September at the latest.

BiggMaNN59

Active Expediter
Take hwy 31 north out of Indianapolis to hwy 26 west at Kokomo to I 65 at Lafayette. I just came through there Thursday and was not crowded with traffic.

Reactions: Turtle

GrassHopperr

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
yeah that sucked the other day, I was headed north bound i 65 and it was closed at route 52.....big inconvenience.

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
Since it is a well known closure, are the extra mileage adjustments made (and compensated) on loads that would be affected by that closure? Or does your carrier ignore the additional miles and extra time?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Since it is a well known closure, are the extra mileage adjustments made (and compensated) on loads that would be affected by that closure? Or does your carrier ignore the additional miles and extra time?
I remember when i40 through the gorge was closed my carrier of record then E1 added on the extra Miles for detour