ELD's and personal vehicles

rollincoal

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I won't have one until it's mandatory. For me it will be aggravating in some scenarios but I don't buy into any of the earth shattering hype that it will cause major disruptions. Already moat of your shippers out here are forward thinking on this. I see a lot of loads running only 300 miles +/- that have some interesting scheduling going on. When elogs come into play across the board it will make perfect sense.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I think it will disrupt the industry. Maybe only 5 percent capacity wise. But 5 percent can really shift rates when capacity is within 5 percent of the balancing point. I think it will also force carriers to put a lot of pressure on bad shippers and consignees to get with the game or start facing a lack of coverage or much higher rates. It takes the burden off of drivers to "compensate" for these kind of customers.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Speaking o which has anyone looked into the eld 150 by rand McNally it's reasonable priced and it will blue tooth to your cell phone I might get one to try ou I'm sure it'll take me a while to learn how to manipulate it to fit my uses

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums shhhhh did I just admit that?