Does anyone know the cost of replacing brake lines and ABS on a Sprinter?

joderek77

Rookie Expediter
Looks like my brake lines are rotting and even where they go into the ABS is rotting. Looks like the only thing that doesn't need to be replaced is the master cylinder. Does anyone know roughly the cost to get this replaced?

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I dont know the answer to your question, but it will be a bunch.

Have you considered replacing the truck?

The body on my Sprinter is rotting pretty bad, I got an estimate for $4500. Since the whole thing is not worth that, I decided to look for a replacement instead. The advantage of my situation is that I can still drive it until the right replacement comes along.

Just something to think about.

Sent from my SM-G900P using EO Forums mobile app

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When I had it done on my 1 ton Chevy a few years back, for brake lines and ABS sensors it cost me 1100.00

joderek77

Rookie Expediter
I am definitely gonna replace it eventually, but for now I just put a bunch of money in it and need to get some more out of it. Thanks for answers so far, has anyone else had to have this done?

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Might want to call foreign car repair shops(those that work with european cars), compare the cost with the dealer. You might be able to save a bundle there.

Or, you can go to AutoZone, ask the clerks for some "back yard mechanics." Some are really good, and some are risky. These guys are usually work at auto repair shop but will moonlight for xtra bucks. Hope this help.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If it's just the lines and not the ABS module it should be just a few hundred dollars, $500, $700 tops. The lines are cheap so it's just labor hours that costs. The ABS module is a couple of grand, so don't replace that unless it's actually broken. You will need to have the lines properly bled by someone using the Sprinter DRB tool, as DIY methods do not work on a Sprinter.