crossdocking

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
Did a cross dock at load 1 and they have the best and fastest cross dock I've seen yet

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Did a cross dock at load 1 and they have the best and fastest cross dock I've seen yet

Always like seeing their name on leg 2. Never had any wasted log book in their yard.
(Other then when I shot the sheet for a few with someone)

Use to pick up there fairly often but not so much any more..

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Yes. Very organized procedure for dropping or picking crossdock freight. Lots of checks and balances to make sure the right freight is received and accepted by them.

rollincoal

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good to know. There is a Penske cross dock in Louisville that is exactly the opposite a lesson in how it should not be done.

Last edited:

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Good to know. There is a Penske cross dock in Louisville that is exactly the opposite a lesson in how it should not be done.

Guys on the dock are pretty decent...My opinion, Office personnel need to go drown themselves in the toilet.. They are some of the rudest people I have ever met.
Every Penske dock I have ever been to is this way..Any time I catch wind its them I try to avoid it.

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
Yeah I can remember working for one company I got my 8 hour break in be for the load got swapped at one of their cross docks.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Tst in mich what a bunch of rude people but the dock guys ok

If you draw Kirk on the xdock you do good...Nice guy and usually pretty decent and easy on your truck. If ya catch him in a bad mood chances are he just finished getting swamped with drivers that don't know what they are doing or how to do it.
Been so long since I been in there I don't know any new people they may have..
Not really TST people on the dock... Not sure what they call themselves anymore but its a spin off of the old Alumi-bunk outfit.

Last edited: