It's a Team's Life Constantly looking at the future and not enjoying today

chillout

Administrator
Staff member
On Time Media Staff
How often do we say "I cannot wait..." fill in the blank. We spend a lot of our time wishing for something in the future and forget that today is the present

"Instead of wondering when your next vacation is, maybe you should set up a life you don't need to escape." – Seth Godin

This quote from Seth is a wake up call. A co-worker was a penny pincher as her and her husband had a goal of when they retired they were going to have a cabin by the lake so he could fish and she could relax. About two months after she retired she found out she had brain cancer and did not live another two months. She did not get to live in her cabin by the lake but her husband and new wife did. Lila was a wonderful lady and her husband worked just as hard as she did to save and I believe Lila would have been happy that her husband was happy. Living in the future is not always the best plan or don't put off life to a later date.

READ MORE...

Reactions: Mailer and Lawrence

TeamPaul

Expert Expediter
Researching
I can relate to this article. My wife and I were going to wait till we retire from our current jobs and then see the road as team drivers. Instead, when we have completed our life jobs of nurturers to our children, we are going to hit the road much sooner. Instead of wishing that day would come or was already here, we are making the best of every day we have leading up to the moment we are ready to make the transition. Everything we do here and now is part of that journey, and we would not ever wish it away... for it will surely be gone! Great article, thank you for posting.

Reactions: Mailer and Ragman

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Once upon a time, Diane and I were white-collar professionals, living in the suburbs, happy with our lives and careers. When a friend gave us our first-ever ride in a big truck, the bug bit and we began researching trucking. When we discovered expediting the deal was sealed. A few months later we became expediters and stayed with it 10 years.

At the time, after doing all the research, it came down to one question. Do we want to try this now and possibly fail, or do we play it safe and regret for the rest of our lives that we never tried?

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
"Instead of wondering when your next vacation is, maybe you should set up a life you don't need to escape." – Seth Godin

Seth Godin has a good point. We should embrace it until we achieved a clear mind.

Personally though, I think it's a "one day at a time" thing, a temporary fix. We have already escaped when we have the need to set up a new life.

In my opinion, it's best to examine the root causes and address them head on.

Reactions: TeamPaul