Confused about weigh stations

lir47942

Seasoned Expediter
Hello All,
A newbie here been on the road with a cargo van for a couple weeks now drove big trucks for almost 30 years. In a differnt thread there was some coment on if you are under 10,001 you dont have to stop at weight stations. I was under the impression that unless it is marked that over a certain weight you had to stop. Could some of you give me some insite into this?
Thank you
Bob

greg334

Veteran Expediter
There is a lot of confusion about this, in Michigan you are supposed to scale but it seems they don't care anymore.

Now I always scaled in Kentucky when I had my van because it says commercial vehicles must scale.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There is a lot of confusion about this, in Michigan you are supposed to scale but it seems they don't care anymore.

Why bother? The scales are rarely open anyways. I travel I 94 between AA and jackson every monday and friday. The scales near grass lake are never open.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well I heard this nasty rumor, and it is only one of them rumors but we may not have scales next year if they don't get with the program and meet their quotas.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well I heard this nasty rumor, and it is only one of them rumors but we may not have scales next year if they don't get with the program and meet their quotas.

I'm confused. What program and what quota?:confused:

lir47942

Seasoned Expediter
Thats the way i have been doing it if it says comerical trucks I stop unless they have a above weight posted. Thank you all for the replys Robert