companies with lease purchase

robertbarnes62

Rookie Expediter
hello to all,

i have driven over the road but have been off the road for 3 years. i am ready to go back on the road and need some help finding a company that will allow me to drive, i do not have expedited experience but want to get into this field. i would like to find a company that has a lease program if i can, but if i have to go ompany driver first that is fine as well.

any help would be great!

thanks

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In expedite there really is not company drivers. There is fleet owners at most companies. Driving for one for at least six months is a very good idea to see how you like the industry. Many over the road drivers have a hard time adjusting to the sitting time in expedite.

Sent from my - Fisher Price ABC - 123

robertbarnes62

Rookie Expediter
In expedite there really is not company drivers. There is fleet owners at most companies. Driving for one for at least six months is a very good idea to see how you like the industry. Many over the road drivers have a hard time adjusting to the sitting time in expedite.

thanks for the reply. this is nice to know. now what is the best way to link up with a fleet owner so i can hopefully get started with them before i just jump right into buying a truck. any help would help. also i would like to go straight truck.

thanks

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Look in the classifieds on this site and call recruiters at companies advertising here.

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
What kind of truck do you want to drive? Do you have a team mate to drive with? I have a straight truck on with FedEx, but I'm only looking for team drivers.

robertbarnes62

Rookie Expediter
What kind of truck do you want to drive? Do you have a team mate to drive with? I have a straight truck on with FedEx, but I'm only looking for team drivers.

Hello, i want to drive a straight truck. i have driven team before and will drive team again if i can. i do not have a team mate but am willing to team with anyone. i live in columbus ga and am interested in driving your truck. contact me so we can talk about me coming to drive for you.

robert
706 617 7559

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Hello, i want to drive a straight truck. i have driven team before and will drive team again if i can. i do not have a team mate but am willing to team with anyone. i live in columbus ga and am interested in driving your truck. contact me so we can talk about me coming to drive for you.

robert
706 617 7559

Wow. Don't jump the gun. You're wanting to drive his truck without question. That's crazy talk.

robertbarnes62

Rookie Expediter
Wow. Don't jump the gun. You're wanting to drive his truck without question. That's crazy talk.

hmmm...ok...lets read what i posted first...then lets comment...i said i want to drive a straight truck, then i said i have driven team and will drive team again, then i said i am INTERESTED in driving, then i finished with call me so we CAN TALK about me coming to drive...so with that being said i thought people would take that as i am INTERESTED in talking about maybe coming to drive for him.

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
hmmm...ok...lets read what i posted first...then lets comment...i said i want to drive a straight truck, then i said i have driven team and will drive team again, then i said i am INTERESTED in driving, then i finished with call me so we CAN TALK about me coming to drive...so with that being said i thought people would take that as i am INTERESTED in talking about maybe coming to drive for him.

Don't let certain comments bother you. Members here are actually pretty cool and willing to help. Some if these guys are actually funny. Their choices of words, to some who's sensitive, may give the wrong impressions. But believe me, I been here awhile and learned so much from these members, they really are here to help. Please do continue to ask questions, expediting is totally diffrent ballgame.

robertbarnes62

Rookie Expediter
Don't let certain comments bother you. Members here are actually pretty cool and willing to help. Some if these guys are actually funny. Their choices of words, to some who's sensitive, may give the wrong impressions. But believe me, I been here awhile and learned so much from these members, they really are here to help. Please do continue to ask questions, expediting is totally diffrent ballgame.

Thanks for this input. i did not plan on not continuing to use this site at all. i do plan continuing to dig and learn.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter

Sorry bout that. "Interested in driving your truck" looked like you were saying, "Let's go!" :)