Commercial insurance for sprinter

Napechnik

New Recruit
I'm a currently with progressive, paying $7,600 annually. I think that's way too high...does anybody have a possibly cheaper insurance agency in mind? Would really appreciate any info.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
What coverage is that? 1 million auto liability? Cargo? Bobtail? Phys Dam? Combo?

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I don't know if it's through CIS. 1 million liability and hundred thousand cargo. Unlimited miles.

Not that far off what a standard carrier is paying for that kind of full coverage on a unit. Cheaper is out there but most likely not the correct coverage.

Reactions: ntimevan

Napechnik

New Recruit
I googled CIS and called them, girl picked up phone and said they don't do commercial insurance it's the other CIS company and which other company I couldn't find out...

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I googled CIS and called them, girl picked up phone and said they don't do commercial insurance it's the other CIS company and which other company I couldn't find out...
Go to the main page of this website, you'll find their info there.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
When I had my van I called Progressive directly and was given a higher quote than going through CIS which uses Progressive. They have great purchasing power and can make sure that you have the right insurance.

Reactions: jelliott

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
There's CIS and there's everyone else. CIS knows more about expediting specific insurance than anyone. They are excellent to work with. Good luck.

When I signed on with Square One, they asked me to change agencies to CIS. This makes it easier for Sq1 to monitor each contractor's compliance with their insurance requirements (they're members of TEANA's VOI program). When my policy renewed in March, my premium declined 11%!

That, kids, is a win win :D

Reactions: jelliott

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Congratulations. They are the best, as in THE best. You've saved enough to splurge on a steak dinner to celebrate.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Congratulations. They are the best, as in THE best. You've saved enough to splurge on a steak dinner to celebrate.

I'm going to have to buy a lot of steak dinners for all on this forum that helped and advised and got me going in this new career!!

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Its amazing that the one thing most EO members agree on is CIS.
And if you ever have a claim and need help you will find out how good they really are.

Both times I've needed help they went miles above what they needed to